Point Reyes Blue Cheese (3 lbs)

Farmstead Cheese Company Point Reyes Original Blue, 3 lb Half Wheel
$39.99 (Normally $54.00) 26% off List Price

Website

Previous offers:
11/1/07
11/20/08

It’s Thursday! (Non-wine day)

A sign of the turning of the seasons! Cheese is back!

I’m in.

Yea i’m seeing my favorite blue cheese burger in my future…now what to pair it with.

We’re BACK!!! So happy to see you all again. We’ve been so blue without you …

I thoroughly dislike blue cheese (however their Toma is AWESOME), but I am so glad to see food brought back to Thursday. Seasons have changed, woohoo

It’s about time we have a worthy edible offering… .

Blue cheese over spaghetti with marinara. Nom nom nom.

Question: I have no concept of how much cheese this is. Can you give me the approximate size of this wheel?

WAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNTTTTTTT…
.BOOOOOOUGHTTTTTTTTTTT!!!

The wheel size would be 6 lbs. if this half wheel offering is 3 lbs.

Let us re-introduce. . .

Point Reyes Original Blue Cheese:
Creamy, with layers of bold flavor.
All natural and made with raw milk. Kosher-certified.
Gluten-free.

Oh, and tastes soooooo good.

3 lbs of toe cheese is a whole lot of stinky.

the offer is a 3Lb wheel, about 8" in diameter by 2" high.

Consider this a gift Wooters. You WILL thank us.

Cabernet Burgers with Original Blue™

1 750-ml bottle Cabernet Sauvignon
¼ cup minced shallots
1-2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary
6 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temp.
2 teaspoons golden brown sugar
1 clove garlic, minced
1½ pounds ground beef
1 teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon pepper
1 cup (6 ounces) Original Blue cheese crumbles
5 (4-inch) squares ciabatta bread, cut horizontally in half
Tomato slices & lettuce leaves

Boil wine and shallots in medium saucepan until reduced to 2/3 cup, about 20-30 minutes. Add rosemary, 1 tablespoon butter and brown sugar; whisk until butter melts and sugar dissolves. Remove from heat. In small bowl mix remaining butter with garlic. Set aside.
Mix ground beef, salt and pepper and 1/3 cup wine/shallot mixture. Form meat into five burgers.
Grill burgers until brown on bottom, about 3 minutes. Turn and brush with remaining wine/shallot mixture and continue grilling until cooked to desired doneness, turning and brushing occasionally with wine/shallot mixture.
Sprinkle with cheese crumbles and grill until cheese starts to melt.
Spread cut sides of bread with garlic butter. Grill bread cut side down until golden about 2 minutes or broil in oven until golden. Arrange bread cut sides up, place burgers on bottom halves, top with tomato slices and lettuce leaves. Cover with top halves of bread.
Serves 5. Wine Suggestion: Full Bodied Cabernet Sauvignon

Well, then, they (woot!) need to change the product description which states, “Farmstead Cheese Company Point Reyes Original Blue, 3 lb Half Wheel…”

What would be the best way to store it and how long is it usually good for? I like cheese, but I’m not sure how fast I can eat 3 lbs if my kids decide they’re not blue cheese lovers.

That’s alotta cheese. How long will this last under refrigerateed conditions? What is the best way to store it to preserve it’s freshness? Can it be frozen? If so, for how long and what is the best way to do that?

Woot Gods are shining again on foodies! Welcome back Point Reyes, you’ve been very missed.

Question for ya’ about shelf life. Last time this was up it was closer to Turkey Day so I ponied up the max order to use for holiday gifts. I take it this time hoping it would sit tight and safe in the fridge until Christmas is a fruitless wish? Your expert and welcome input would be most appreciated.
YUMMMMM!!!

Or you can do the math and divide it in half.

Oh… so we’re only going to get 1 and a half pounds for the Forty-change?.. .