Poizin 2005 Sonoma County Zinfandel Trio

It was “bonvoyage” with an “o”, and I think it was just for last week to celebrate coming out of beta.

Uh…dear Woot:
Selling “poizin” with “gifting” available is a bit disconcerting to the German-speaking among us =)

…or was that the intent =)
ps. german whites are yummy. even california-german whites.

The bonvoyage code, to the best of my knowledge, was a special deal for last week only. It was to celebrate Wine.Woot! come out of beta status. If you check out the blog post, it has the details.

in for one unit of 3…hope it somehow ships Monday or, if not, early Tuesday…

dont know for sure about the 05…but this wine has gotten some nice reviews for older vintages…prolly would do this wine good to cellar for a bit…

heres some tasting notes from prior vintages…

“Very smooth, restrained, and balanced. Not too big and hot. Nice flavors.”
“Robust; lots of fruit; nice finish. Excellent with some Manchego cheese.”
“Starts off with aromas of black cherry, dried cranberry and black currants, then evolves into spicier tones of clove, cinnamon and pepper . . . The finish is long and complex, with the fruit, oak and spice melding harmoniously.”

“I always enjoy this one, very big zin”

these were taken from cellar tracker…

id buy this just for the conversation starter…sure people would get a kick out it when you bring them a nice bottle of wine with a skull and crossbones on it called “poiZin” hehe

count me in.
B

That is correct, the bonvoyage code does not apply to this week’s sale.

Anyone know if there’s a place online to purchase the “Antidote” companion bottle to this wine? I know I’ve heard before that these Zin Poizins were sold with a smaller bottle of Pinot Gris as a complement.

Think you might do that again, on a week all of us can buy? Sheesh, its bad enough we have to wait a month to get our wine, but you have free shipping in a week some of the states are off the list. Please do it again when we all can play!

As for Poisin, I’m waiting on the tasting notes. 2005 is a bit young for my tastes, anyway.

Enlarge the photo; looks like a screw top bottle. MD 20/20 anyone?

Note: This opportunity is intentionally before halloween (with your probable receipt of it before then in mind), however those of you ordering them shipped to the 4 non-reciprocal states (excessive delay) will not get them before halloween '06.

Even direct-ship-state orderers might consider ordering this earlier in the week (today) if pre-30th delivery is especially important.

/end sales pitch.

Apparently, the $60 and up bottle is wax sealed and called “Reserve”. The bottle shown sells for $25. The antidote bottle sells for $12 at www.armida.com.

Thought it would be nice to have both. Might get the Poizen now and some antidote later!

The name says it all. too good to pass up

Take a read of this, you may become enlightened.

Pat

There are always some states off the list. It’s not Woot’s fault that we live in a repressed nation where the government has become some sort of creepy, page touching, double-breasted wearing, closet alcoholic nanny (with coffee breath, I bet – well, when you can smell anything over the Scotch). Just be glad your state is on the list at all.

I just got weigh in here: The idea that screw caps somehow indicate a lesser quality wine is an idea that should be laid to rest once and for all. A significant percentage of wines end up tainted due to exposure to TCA in the cork. Screw caps and other “non-traditional” closures help ensure that the wine that leaves the winery healthy does not become undrinkable by the time it is opened. I take it as a sign of quality control that a vintner is willing to explore other methods to ensure that every bottle of wine I open is at its best. Plus, with screw caps you have the added convienence of being able to screw that cap right back on and save some wine for another day!

I’m in for this deal–and bring on the screw caps, baby!

Well said! Love screw caps, but I have a question…
how easy will it be to tell if your wine got too hot in transit with screw caps? corks are easy.

Thank you. Sorry I missed it. :frowning:

I’ve heard that drinking it is a good test as well.

I would never discard a wine based on the apperance of the cork alone. . .I would always taste test. So, screw caps dont change my approach in this case. Because, amazingly enough wine can suffer many indignities and still be quite yummy. Since wine is a living thing, every batch is different and the only sure way to know if you’ve got good wine or bad. . .pour it out and drink it down!

Heck, the description even says “unscrew the top” in it. Nobody’s trying to pull one over on you.

I’m all for cork alternatives. I’ve had very expensive wines that were sent down the drain to the sewers because of the vagaries of natural cork.