Pokemon Game Chat (PoGo, Let's Go, et al)

I went to the movies today and checked the gym when I got out- wow that’s a lot of swinubs. Wait, it’s community day! Swinubs are one of my favorite Pokemon. I also got my first palkia at the mall- there were at least 40 people by the fountain waiting for the raid to start.

I need to check here more often so you guys can remind me of events.

3 Likes

Ugh, I’ve fallen out of PoGo. Need to get back in!

3 Likes

dude! you missed community day! and it was a good one, so many shiny swinubs. although you sound like you were too busy this weekend to fit it in. maybe next week!

3 Likes

I was out for a bit but got sucked back in. I need a ditto- gotta remember to use the Pokemon Go Plus while driving.

3 Likes

UGH the new event… like the stupid shiny feebas day that was horrible

I really hope this is better.

3 Likes

I predict that it will stink.

3 hours + research tasks +1 per stop + two evolutions + candy # to evolve ÷ February = stupid idea

3 Likes

So I should forget about it? It’s hard to compete with community days and all those shinys.

1 Like

If it’s a nice day and you don’t have anything else on I’d try. That’s my plan anyway. I live in a small town and we don’t have that many stops. I don’t think I’ll be able to finish it, but hey you never know.

2 Likes

I’d at least go out and spin some stops and get a few tasks. even if you complete them after the time is up you can still get the reward. just don’t make yourself crazy. I got really annoyed on the feebas event, so I am setting my expectations low this time.

we have one guy in our group who always gets every shiny. oh look! first click! first hatch! first research task! I want to punch him.

4 Likes

this weekend is shiny latias weekend! and stupid clampert research day on Sat. luckily I have a ton of raid passes from buying way too many boxes for the incubators while on vacation. hatched hundreds of eggs but still no shiny babies! so I will try this weekend but not expecting much. except heartbreak and anger, lol.

3 Likes

I’m charging my phone as we speak! Except it’s supposed to rain hard this afternoon and the indoor mall only has 1 pokestop. Heartbreak and anger on the way, And wet hair too.

2 Likes

the main street in my town and the city I work in have lots of pokestops. it’s easy to pull over and spin a few. here are the tasks

3 Likes

There is a river flood warning here. I live no where near the river but Pokemon Go is afraid I’ll drown. Do they still restrict pokemon during warnings? I may stay home of they do.

1 Like

I am not aware of them restricting pokemon, but be safe!

I managed 4 shinies so far. This is much better than the feebas day for me. chilly walking here by the ocean, so we’re warming up with a beer. :wink:

2 Likes

I got one shiny and my first Latias! My fingernails are blue.

2 Likes

It stopped giving me research tasks- did I hit a limit?

1 Like

Someone explained that I needed to hit different Pokestops. Now I know.

There was this 6 or 7 year old kid that didn’t catch the first latias and I met him at the next raid. He got a shiny! I was so excited for him!

2 Likes

yeah, each day a pokestop will give one task. if you complete that task you won’t get another task from that stop until they reset (midnight or event end).

so somehow I have 3, not 4. but N, who stayed home while we played for him, got 5. he had 3 in a row. sigh

thank goodness I got one of each of the random evolutions

3 Likes

Did everyone get smeargle? He’s cute.

1 Like

I have not gotten one yet. I also have been slacking on my PoGo playing.

1 Like