Pokemon Game Chat (PoGo, Let's Go, et al)

I’ve had police ask me what I was doing um, well, more than a couple times. as long as you tell them respectfully you’re playing pokemon they’ve always been kind to me.

3 Likes

44 stupid eggs. That’s my first shiny pichu.

3 Likes

I’ve had them look at me funny while I’m parked at the park but I make eye contact and smile while holding my phone where they can see it. They’ve always left me alone.

3 Likes

TWSS!

5 Likes

Oof, 121 eggs hatched.

4 Likes

wow!

1 Like

I used to Geocache a lot, that is a hobby where you learn to talk to police and other people and explain what you are doing in a way that gets you and them on your way as quickly as possible. That said I have never been questioned while playing Pokemon, in fact Pokemon is so well known and harmless I might use it as a Geocaching excuse. Playing Pokemon tends to attract less attention because when your my age you just look like some guy texting his girlfriend or mistress in the parking lot or side of the road, I avoid hanging out where kids hang out so I don’t look like a creep. Geocachers tend to have a phone, weird looking electronics in the form of a GPS, and a backpack, we do not blend as much as we like to think we do.

My best advice is this, if asked don’t be evasive, say what you are doing and say it as comfortably and you would say you are just out for a walk. Never mention anything that sounds like it would be of value, I don’t care if you are spinning stops like they are slot machines, and dropping Pokemon in gyms to get coins, just say “I’m playing Pokemon” that will normally end the conversation, at worst you might be asked to move, just move on if asked to. Also if you are a middle aged guy and don’t have a kid with you hanging out at a playground full of kids is probably not a good idea :grin:

4 Likes

We have an older guy who hangs out at the park a lot. He’s creepy as heck, but he has a really cool dog so I’m sure he’s not sinister or anything.

Maybe you need a dog?

I want one but my cats have forbidden it.

3 Likes

Under normal circumstances I wouldn’t worry but we are under stay at home orders. Sitting in a car in an empty parking lot is as safe as staying home but probably technically not cool. Plus I’m chicken.

3 Likes

Like I said, I look like a guy texting my mistress, then again I could do that just as easily from my couch if I really wanted to, the wife leaves me alone when I’m texting.

3 Likes

I figure the worst they’ll do is ask me to leave (or maybe a ticket?). I get stir crazy at home, so my little pokemon rides are saving my sanity.

3 Likes

Son used to have cops come by his car pretty often when he would do pokemon at night. He’d just show them his phone. Sometimes they’d talk about pokemon. Sometimes they’d just tell him to go home.

Son and I both hatched a shiny chancy. Too bad the shiny blissy looks like crap.

4 Likes

yeah, I’m not evolving my shiny chansey. did you hatch the happiny or the chansey?

2 Likes

Hatched a bunch of happies but none shiny. Hatched the one shiny chansy

4 Likes

I have a pink bunny.

3 Likes
4 Likes

saw that on fb lol

1 Like

hatched a shiny happiny today!! wahooooo

4 Likes

I’m out of eggs and gifts. Got to parking lot sit tonight.

2 Likes

I caught a shiny mareep today. I have a page of shiny mareeps.

3 Likes