Pokemon TCG: First Partner Pack: Kalos

Pokemon TCG: First Partner Pack: Kalos

1 Like

Must capture each of them!

Pokemon Swirl GIF

3 Likes

Is this a good price?

Single packs appear to be $10 from reputable dealers right now.

3 Likes

I know nothing about Pokemon. My kids are 5 and 8 and just getting into it. Is this something they want?

3 Likes

They’ll like the surprise of seeing what cards they get, but there are probably cheaper packs out there. I don’t really know what makes these “better” than normal packs.

2 Likes

It says each larger pack has two packs inside. I wonder if you get three of the larger packs or six?

1 Like

Oh, snap. So looks like 2 booster packs plus 3 oversized cards in each unit! So a 6 pack should give you 12 packs and 18 oversized cards!

1 Like

These were $5 cheaper on Woot last week when there was an actual $5 discount for Prime members. There was a lively discussion on these cards over at Slickdeals when that sale was going on…

https://slickdeals.net/f/16075141-pokemon-tcg-25th-anniversary-first-partner-pack-kalos-30-6-pack-58-12-pack-w-prime-fs-woot

2 Likes

Seems like each of these packs aren’t your ordinary pack. Each comes with 3 oversized cards plus 2 booster packs. Can’t go wrong for $5.25 a pack

1 Like

Ugh, there might be some truth to the fears that people are opening, taking out the good cards, resealing, and returning. I got mine a few days ago. It has a big warning tape around it saying to refuse acceptance if you see any evidence of tampering. And sure enough, this tape is cut on my box and re-taped.

I didn’t realize the box was my Pokemon order, since it comes in a generic brown box with no interior box at all. So I opened it and only later saw the broken seal. I think my kid will still enjoy the thrill of opening them, but it sucks that some arse wanted to rip off kids for the sake of a few bucks.

It didn’t make sense to me that some people were complaining in the Slickdeals discussion about this scam while others were complaining that Amazon refused to honor returns. Refusing returns seems like a great way to prevent the scam. But I think it all depends on which seller you buy from. Some might allow returns and thus end up with junk cards.

UPS says that my order was sent from “BERELI INC.”. Too bad we don’t get to see who is providing the inventory when we buy on Woot.

Maybe my box is a legitimate return, but at the least it’s dubious that the warning tape is cut.

1 Like

Thankfully you bought these from Woot and they will have options for you if you’d like to contact customer service.

Hi there, if you haven’t already done so please reach out to Woot! Customer Service.

From a browser, use the Woot! Customer Service form.

In the Woot! App, choose Account from the bottom navigation and then Support.

Note: Woot! Customer Service replies go to the email address on your Woot! account, not your Amazon login email if used/different.

(Please Note: I’m not employed by Woot, but I volunteer to help in the forums.)