Polaroid 7" or 8" Android Tablet

rimshot

I purchased 2 of these for my daughters to help keep them entertained while on vacation. 1 of them keeps shutting off on it’s own and the other one won’t allow us to go into the app store.
These are terrible and we will be returning them!

No. I bought a pair of Polaroids (albeit, a different model) for my kids off woot last year and out of the box, they can only access Amazon’s store. BUT, if you head over to Freaktab.com you’ll find easy instructions to modify the tablet and be able to do a lot more with it, including use the Play Store. I was ready to throw the tabs I bought in the trash, but after putting a custom ROM on it (which was crazy easy, and the tabs I have are unbrickable) it was like a brand new machine. See if they have any ROMs for this tablet, and if they do, I’d go ahead and get it.

Alot depends on the model numbers, I just returned to Big Lots two running 4.1.1.
Also, they don’t support wired ethernet, the Eth0 implementation is busted, the stack is incomplete.
Also, the ADB implementation is iffy. I had to manually customize my adb_usb.ini and android_winusb.inf files and replace my adb driver, andd it still wouldn’t work all the time.
Probably not an issue for you unless you’re a developer like I am, but if you are, or are looking to use one to learn Android programming, you’re better off with a Prosccan 7223G running 4.1.1 for $90 at Big Lots (including carry case and a nice integrated USB keyboard!) AND it supports wired Wthernet (via USB adapter from Radio Shack.)

If you want to play around with custom roms and stuff, this is a good cheap tablet to have some fun with… You may need to put an earlier version of netflix on to get it to run and can’t play candy crush, but you can still find some uses for this… I currently have it Velcro’d to the top of a bunk bed as a netflix/video player… not bad. For a tablet check out the hisense quad core from walmart for a cheap good tablet.

Just got mine today, and the battery won’t hold a charge. Refurbished, yeah right.

Sorry to hear that the battery on your tablet isn’t holding it’s charge.
I would recommend that you contact Woot Member Services at support@woot.com and let them know.
Your purchase should still be covered under the 90 day warranty.

got mine setup and it won’t stay connected to wifi, and there is almost no sound coming out… it sounds like something is moving around inside of it too.

guess I will email woot too