Polaroid High Definition Digital Camcorder

Wootalyzer’s Pricing Post! - The price of today’s woot item is saved here for future reference

Polaroid High Definition Digital Camcorder
$129.99 + $5 Shipping
Condition: New

Product List:

• 1 Polaroid DVC-00725F High Definition 720p Digital Camcorder (5MP still)

DISCLAIMER Wootalyzer! is in no way affiliated with Woot!, and this post may not always be here!

Froogled

This guy only gets " " stars on Amazon. I guess that’s cuz no one’s reviewed it yet. But it costs twice as much over there.
http://www.amazon.com/POLAROID-DVC-00725F-720P-Camcorder-2-7-inch/dp/B001HVMSUG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1232517656&sr=8-1

Is this an auto-focus or fixed-focus lens?

oversized camera. my kodak digital camera does 720p video and 10mp stills.

I was looking at something very similar a few months ago, but couldn’t really make up my mind. Fate perhaps?

I’m not a big fan of their still cameras. Does anyone have this particular model?

I’m really looking for something that I can use to film the kiddos and not have the two year old break it. Thoughts? (about not breaking. Save the comments on filming the kiddos…)

Not bad and it comes with an HDMI cable to boot - WOOT!

If I hadn’t have bought a digital camcorder just before turkey day I would have jumped on this. Seems like a great price on a decent camera.

Oh well.

Now…BOC!

You guys videotape people’s feet while they’re sleeping?!

snagged…if you dont like it ebay has them for 244…woot

720p should be 60 frames per second, not 30.

Well, probably moreso because other people get more in depth with the reviews so they felt why bother. These are actually pretty good in my opinion. My friend has one that they’ve made some pretty decent quality short films with, and they still use it now.

regardless of price, I will never buy anything from Polaroid again, I have had absolutely abysmal customer service from them in recent years - they could not repair an LCD TV that failed within the warranty and kept it for almost a year before admitting they had given up.

I see these selling for $250 in other retailers. This is literally half the price but I’m not sure since I see no reviews for this one.

Auto focus, nice! HDMI cable is a plus. I’ve always wanted a nice camcorder of my own.

Thanks, Woot! :slight_smile:

Says autofocus in the description.

How good are Polaroid’s camcorders? A year ago I bought a basic Panasonic minidv camcorder for my school movies and projects (250$), and now here I am seeing an HD one by polaroid for half that price.

It’s something that actually fits in my student budget. So tempted. I would like to be able to make short films in HD, and better yet, record them on SD cards so I don’t have to deal with stupid minidv capture.

Got one :slight_smile:

I want to be Phil. Does phil’s wife come with the camera?