Polaroid High Definition Digital Camcorder

Hahaha, I love what’s on the screen.

Why?

Polaroid, like many other firms, is not the company it used to be. Now it is just a marketing brand for [mostly] various made in China electronics products. Just a name that gets slapped on what would otherwise be generic products that are, more often than not, cheaply made. And there is little or now tech support or service.

The picture on the cam looks like the people are having fun. :smiley:

Its 260 bucks on Buy.com (pre-tax)

I heard Polaroid is going out of business. Has anyone else heard this? I would hate to buy something and then not have it supported.

One year warranty, but… Polaroid filed bankruptcy a week or so ago so it may soon be worthless!

Which Kodak? And does it do HD? And how much does it cost?

Because the standard for “p” (e.g. 1080p or 720p) television signals is 60Hz (60 frames per second). Actually, for “p”, a frame and field are the same thing (an interlaced format, like 720i, has 30 frames per second, each frame comprised of an odd and an even field, but that doesn’t apply to progressive scan (“P”) formats).

Tempting…great price…If I could just justify buying another camera…

Good camcorder. Not sure about the price. Got one at a lower price a while back. Do research b/4 buying. But, that’s not only WOOT, that’s if you buy from any online place.

Night.

Looks awfully like the Toshiba Camileo H10 which didn’t get a great review from the good doctor, Dr. Ashens.

That would explain why this item is here (on Woot) and why it’s hear at half the price that it is selling for everywhere else (but probably not for long).

uh…buyer beware…

On October 11, 2001, Polaroid Corporation filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection. Almost all the company’s assets (including the “Polaroid” name itself) were sold to a subsidiary of Bank One. They went on to form a new company, which also operates under the name “Polaroid Corporation”.[3] It stopped making Polaroid cameras in 2007 and will stop selling Polaroid film after 2009 [4], to the consternation of some users. [5]

The renamed “old” Polaroid now exists solely as an administrative shell.[6] Its bankruptcy was widely believed to be the result of the failure of its senior management to anticipate the effect of digital cameras on its film business.

On December 18, 2008, the post-reorganization Polaroid Corp. filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection in U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the District of Minnesota. The bankruptcy filing came shortly after the criminal investigation of its parent company, Petters Group Worldwide, and the parent company founder, Tom Petter.

In For One- Woo!

Will it shoot video in less than 720p?
Just to get more video on the SD card.

Very nice price, Woot!

Unfortunately–the piddly 4x optical zoom makes this a no go for me.

I would like to see you feature a nice 720p Canon at half MSRP but I will probably end up just putting that wish in one hand and taking a keerap in the other and see which one fills first.

64MB built-in storage

File size: approx 40MB per minute of video (25mins per 1GB)

So it will take about a minute and half of video on the built in storage… I was wondering why it’s so cheep other than 720P

*   Palm sized HD Digital Camcorder captures 720p high definition video (1280×720 @ 30fps) 

Can we say MAJOR FLICKER, I knew you could… Doesn’t have to be about 60 or better so you can’t see the frames change? Sounds like you get what you pay for.

Can this be used as a webcam? Or do you need a firewire jack for that?

What exactly do they mean by

“2.7” bright color widescreen LCD for previewing video and images before you shoot”

BEFORE YOU SHOOT?