Polaroid PDC 5080 5.1MP Digital Camera

Wow… with the previous woot , and this , i could get some serious time for industrial espionage!!

Jesus, anyone get the license plate of that woot?

Wow… with the previous woot , and this , i could get some serious time for industrial espionage!!

Ebay buy it now $69.99. What a disappointment!

yucks - no real (optical zoom), and is fixed focus means no focusing mechanism means a small aperature (bad in low-light eg indoors unless close to the flash).

Comes with 2 AA batteries… text says it need 4 AAA?

Uses 4 AAA batteries and comes with 2 AA? Something doesn’t seem right here

a COMPLETE Listing of all woot-off items can be found here

Polaroid isn’t known for much anymore, 'cept being bankrupt.

Quantity 35?? What a tease! I got my 30D from Amazon the other day, but I was still gunning for a couple of these for gifts. I’ll be sharper on the mouse next time…

its going for that much on ebay.

http://www.ubid.com/actn/opn/getpage.asp?AuctionId=10657679&s=uwb70000

69.00 buy now price… 75 of them on sale…

(duplicate post deleted)

Woot, your [site/server/programming] SUCKS. Hard. Seriously, take that Woot Wage and invest in your equipment, k?

wow, i didnt even have time to look up any reviews on it before it sold out. lol, oh well!

and btw, woot is WAY too slow during woot-offs… it took forever for the reply page to load.

http://reviews.cnet.com/Polaroid_PDC_5080_digital_camera/4505-6501_7-31751851.html

Cnet reviews… they are empty, lol
But the prices are between $94 - $99 bucks on the links there.

wow, i didnt even have time to look up any reviews on it before it sold out. lol, oh well!

and btw, woot is WAY too slow during woot-offs… it took forever for the reply page to load.

Speed to first woot: 0m -3.-424s

No fair, somebody went back in time to buy the woot before it sold out!

Battery Type – AAA x4
Kit includes Batteries 2 AA – that should be fun

Ooooooo thanks guys…I finally pull the trigger on my second Woot ever and you guys got to bring your negative energy all up in here. Thanks Captain Bringdowns. Oh well, at least I got me last years digital camera technology on its way to me. WOOT!!!

Only two things suck during a Woot-off. Not being able to get to the forums and the idiots that think they know what they are talking about and should not. The good news is I got one of these. Even better is that you can still get them for $75 AR at Tigerdirect.com, although the woot deal was better.

This camera does/has a couple things I did not need/want from my “Cannot afford to lose $$$$ Digital Cameras”:

1. Does not have power sucking optical zoom motor.
  2. Ability to change FREQUENCY for the difference in lights in the US and Europe (60Hz vs. 50Hz)
  3. Needs only TWO AA’s (less weight, less to carry, less to buy if the rechargeable(s) get lost)
  4. SD cards supported up to at least 1GB (Polaroid CS said on Sat. up to 4GB)
  5. Ease of a disposable at a disposable price
  6. Video w/ sound
  7. Red-eye reduction
  8. Connect directly to a printer and print w/o any software or card reader
  9. Small
  10. Greater that 2.0MP
  11. Tripod mount
  12. Self-timer
  13. Screen (since the day of SLR Cams and real film seem to be gone. Shame too. I still have many 35mm’s and lenses)

I got it all in this camera and more. Sometimes the thousands we spend on the “Elite Cameras” just take the fun out of a mindless photo opportunity.
For those few lucky to score; Here is a link to the manual while you wait a week to get it from Woot http://static.tigerdirect.com/pdf/pdc5080manualus.pdf

Camera got here today. A little dissapointed in the quality. It should work as a good throwaway camera but I wouldn’t have bought this if I had ever held one on my hand before. That being said, Woot still did a great job with the price and in getting this to me quickly. Thanks Woot.