Polaroid T730 Compact 7MP Digital Camera

You can buy this same camera on eBay for just a couple of bucks. Buy it there instead.

Silly putty takes better pictures than their old film cameras.

I wished they showed the packaging that this camera came in. It actually plays a big part in my purchasing decision.

Notwithstanding the camera, the 1GB limit is not a problem. My wife has asked me not to buy the 2GB SD cards anymore because the processing machines at Sam’s Club take much longer to read them.

Good digital cameras come from good camera companies. Sony still has some good models based on Minolta designs but they seem to be more focused on producing music and movies than on manufacturing so I’m not sure how long this will last. Panasonic cameras are designed jointly between Matsushita and Leica and their quality probably has more to do with Leica than Matsushita

piece of junk, just spend $250 on a real Canon IS one!

Bought this for my 9-year-old - and even he figured out it was worthless. Maybe for $19

Last Woot camera I bought arrived DOA, had to send it back, 15 days later it came back and lasted 15 pictures, then went dead. I had to send it in again, and am still waiting for it.
Of course, it was a Kodak, and it was a refurb, so… Never mind!! Turns out I just wanted to vent about that stupid Kodak.

This uses a proprietary battery. For vacation, weddings etc. I like to have a charged spare in my pocket and find it better to buy cameras that use AA cells. I can use rechargeable or regular alkalines in a pinch.

Only accepts a MAX of 1GB SD card, all I own are 2GB. :frowning: Who buys 1GB cards now days when 2GB cards are the same price?

I bought a similar cheap polaroid camera on Woot. It takes HORRIBLE low quality pictures, even at the highest resolution.

Polaroid is the Huffy of the digital camera world. Sony, Kodak, Canon, but not Polaroid. I wooted a similar polaroid camera and it is worthless. Looks nice, takes terrible pictures. In any but the brightest light, it will appear as if your subject is running, forget using this POS indoors or at night, despite the plethera of decieving settings. You must hold the shutter button for at least 5 seconds to get a picture, I honestly cannot think of a product I’ve ever been more unhappy with. I use disposable cameras because they take better pictures than polacrap. I shoulda got another kodak…

No podcast?

Decent Camera for the money but impossible to find a spare battery for it???
Bought one the last time woot had’em on.

Jimmie FZ-30

My main hangout: http://www.onlinephotographers.com/yabbse/

It appears to charge via the USB port (hence the DC Jack to Mini USB plug adapter). So you should be able to charge it from any USBoid power source (computer, wall-wart , car adapter, auxiliary battery, etc).

Meanwhile, from what i’m reading, i’m not willing to pay this much for the thing. Blow em out for 20 and i’d probably bite.

I was going to buy the polaroid cam but with all the bad reports… i am not doing it. It was for my niece but it would suck for her to take crappy pictures thanks to her cheap uncle!

Wow if this is true it is interesting. JN certainly did ruin Ford for a long time and, being a former Ford man, I don’t believe they’ve recovered still. He was a “grab the money now, screw the future” kind of guy.

Future comes around fast, though

Thank you for your wealth of misinformation you elitist, brand name snob. This is a decent compact camera. I’m not sure what your barometer is, but compared with any other 7MP compact, the quality is better than any model in this price range (and as good as many in higher price ranges with much ‘better’ name brands.)

I especially enjoyed your ignorant, uninformed comments about Kodak. Kodak is making the best digital for the price of any manufacturer currently. My Kodak 880 is as good as my Nikon D80 for less than half the price. I’ve field-tested both…have you?

So, keep on buying those overpriced products and impressing your neighbors in the trailer park…I’m on track to retire in my 40s…and with better pictures.

Normally, I don’t like picking on folks who are struggling to finally get that GED, but please go to bed and stop misinforming the other Wooters…you’ll get your 15 minutes someday…like when the Weather Channel interviews you after the tornado.

Be careful - I bought a Polaroid DVR from WOOT and had problems with it. The polaroid service center told me they do not honor any warranties sold from Woot.

Come on, you have to add NIKON to the great digi cameras, because they make an excellent camera… This Polaroid camera is right there with the Kodak that costs 75 bucks WITHOUT a discounted price. But for 75.00 it couldn’t be too horrible for someone looking to take pictures slightly better then a camera phone.