Polite Pete

That’s because you don’t want to be forced into the ocean XP

Never saw Amelie. I guess that is why I don’t get it, the joke or the shirt for that matter.

Going to WV next month for pleasure (oxymoron right?) I am going to find someone wearing this shirt and question their morals and upbring.

Kentucky, Connecticut, and West Virginia… There’s a motley crew.

Somehow, staying on the map topic, I think that the map doesn’t reflect the state but rather the 3 people in that state who decided to buy this shirt.

I have always wondered… how many people constitutes “lots of wooters wooting?”

I came into the room because my PC was making a hideous sucking sound …

and here it is, Polite Pete.

I know derby rules don’t apply to dailies, but this one breaks a very overarching and constant derby rule: no bathroom humor. It’s a rule that seems like they might apply internally to the dailies for their own reasons, but evidently not. I know it’s arguable as to if this is related enough to bathroom humor (not too arguable, as it’s referenced in the write-up), but still. I’m a little surprised they picked this for that reason.

That’s interesting. The previous Woot shirt that I thought of after seeing this shirt is Le Fluff. Perhaps Le Fluff can drive around in the Pardon Me car.

It varies. For a shirt like this: probably 3-5. For a BOC, the half of humanity that beat me to it.

the car itself looks very european, and imo french , i would think it would be better if the " pardon me " was in french ( i do not speak french only english and german so here is my stab at french) i feel more people would find it more funny if it read something like " pardon me misour"

after reading all the comments…i still dont get it.

probably based on percentage of shirts currently sold.

i live in a heavily black community and i wonder how many seconds it would take for them to tell me I’m trippin if i wore this shirt

The car looks a lot like a BMW Isetta

I don’t get it either? Is it representative of a real car or something? Is there something special about the car?

The description has to be one of the funniest I’ve read in a while. I love the way a harmless fender-bender was just effortlessly mentioned in the same sentence as a multiple fatality drunk driving pileup. Sometimes I think I come here just to read the descriptions.

On a related note, this shirt is one of those in my opinion that actually makes no sense without reading the description first.

Even though I own three shirt.woot shirts, I think the experiment has failed. Maybe it should be one (good) shirt per week instead of seven (mostly really crappy) shirts per week.

At the very least, Woot! should let people choose the color of the shirt, as a large number of the ain’t-buying-it people are always complaining about the color of the shirt. How’s about you sell the shirt for $10 to the people that like the color of the shirt, then make those that don’t like it pay $15 a day later to get their preferred color scheme? Or even make it an option on the day it’s originally listed?

that’s clever, ett

see what I did there?

cream or any variation of it is just a bad color for a shirt. no go for me whenever the cream shirts come.