Polk Audio 8" Wireless Subwoofer

I bought this several weeks ago to use with my Yamaha YAS101 soundbar. What an amazing difference between the bass using the Polk and turning off the subw on the YAS101.
Definitely worth the money for the upgrade.
I’m using direct connect vs. wireless so the Polk is in front next to the soundbar.
When setting up you’ll notice that it’s so powerful you won’t need much volume on the Polk before it starts producing booming effects (undesirable).

Go to Radio Shack and by yourself a stereo Y adapter RCA male to L/R female RCA. Then plug the Polk included RCA L/R male cable from subw into the Y adapter. Then plug the single male end of the Y to your receiver…done

Get a 1-2 RCA splitter and connect the LFE out from your receiver to the subwoofer transmitter.

/or you could hook the RCA plugs on your receiver to the transmitter if your reciever lacks a LFE output.

“dickybilly” - you beat me to it!

Just use one of the RCA’s into the sub. I checked and it really doesn’t matter or is necessary to use both RCA’s. And if anyone says you get ‘more power’ using both you will just have to adjust the volume to compensate.

I have this exact sub (previous Woot) using wireless from my Vizio soundbar and it’s great. I might try directly plugging it in but I have not noticed any delay using Wireless. Also no interference with phone/WiFi/iPhone/iPad/PC or carrier pigeons.

If your even thinking about this purchase - or have been looking for a small woofer - this will be the best $80 you spent in a while. Not much on reviews on-line about this unit - but trust me… its good.

I have a large open space - about 900 sq ft and this fills it with just the right amout of lows!

Will it shake your neighbors house - no… but it gives just the right addition to movies/music.

does well with all types of music too - you do have to tweak the volume a little - would be nice if there were addtional settings to tweak… but again… $80 well spent!

Perfect. That’s all I can say. You can spend a lot more for a wired, cheap brand. Usually $100.00 or more. Or, you can take advantage of a great product at a great price. I like the fact that I can move the unit any where in the room, any time, without running any wire.

Previous woot:
http://www.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?postid=4953915
$99
Last wootoff $89,
today $79

I have a home theater in a a box and the sub is connected with a wire. Is there a way I could hook this up?

I hooked it to the Kill-A-Watt meter and cranked up the sub volume to about 3/4 and it merely uses 20-25 watts. I was totally surprised at how little power it consumes. I used a stereo cable splitter to plit the output signal from my iPod touch (1 to the sub and another to a small pair of powered computer speakers) and the sound was impressive.

Could I hook this up directly to my receiver? I already use the same frequency band to run my back speakers.

It looks like it has stereo audio inputs, so you may need a sub-woofer to rca cable adapter (AKA female rca to 2 male rca), but should be doable.

they sold this out before the alloted time was up…about three hours and in the middle of ordering it!

was hoping to use this with my computer sound system but haven’t been able to get it to work. The instructions that came with it are only for hooking it up to a TV. Anybody have any suggestions on using it on a computer?

I used a 3.5mm splitter to feed my regular computer speakers and then bought a 3.5mm male-2-RCA male cable to connect to the sub. It does wonders for my small computer speakers while I work.

I have it hard-wired in the computer room to keep the sub out of sight from the wife. Then I take it out on the deck to provide proper fill for the outside patio speakers. The range of the transmitter isn’t the greatest, but it works. I had to purchase a 25’ RCA and USB cable to allow me to get the transmitter up high enough and as close to my back door as possible to get it working on my deck.