Polk Audio RM8000T/RM50T Tower Speakers

“Polk makes some of the best speakers you can buy.”

BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

No, the ones last time were smaller and only had two drivers, these appear to be much larger and have 4 drivers per tower - thus explaingin the $100 increase. Note that Amazon sells these for over $500 EACH

Already have a pair of Infinity tower speakers that my wife hates. No room in the house for any more.

Umm… last time they were for the RM40t speakers. These are the RM50t. Totally different.

Brownnoser.

Those were a different model, hence the different price.

These are nice speakers… equal to or better than anything you’ll find at Best Buy or Circuit City. If you’re looking for a pair, the price is right too.

If you are serious about sound, you do not use the same speakers for you theater system as you do for your stereo system. These are not the quality of Balanced Audio, but still a great pair.

I love my Linn speakers!

If I want three, how do I specify which of the six total speakers should be pewter and which titanium?

RM8000T/RM50T - RM7400T/RM40T =

are these better by like 600/10 then the ones i bought few weeks back?

I see that they are different, and I see that today’s have a higher list price and a higher street price. That said, for an average joe or jane, is there likely to be any difference in what we hear?

I’m sorry but I need larger than just 4 1/2-inch cones to be satisfied!..

Hey its not the size. Its about the motion of the ocea…I mean the sound.

i guess you order it three times… you end up paying $10 bucks more but you get the color u want

Polk audio speakers rock! I used to work at Circuit City and Polk is one of the best home speakers out there.
Some sites have these for $549 each. $399 is a steal. If I wasn’t in school I would buy four of these.

Uhhhhh, are the cabinets on these speakers, PLASTIC?

Yes. Most people would hear a differance between the two. (Assuming you’re listening to something with a wide dynamic range.)

I have a Polk center speaker that I like.

snappy deal folks… sign me up… oh wait, I have JBL everything (the speaker side of Harmon/Kardon)

“Polk makes some of the best speakers you can buy.”
[chuckles] They have some nice speakers, but I wouldn’t say that they are some of “the best”…

Glad you like your’s, and at least they aren’t Bose…

For the price, they are pretty good… Again, for the price. If you are looking for solid home theater speakers, look elsewhere…