Popa

are they short on people sending dailies? is there a mod on here that can explain whats going on?

this is a map shirt

http://jewelry.productaday.com/shirt.jpg

or this

http://cartophilia.com/blog/uploaded_images/worldshirt2front-742097.jpg

So what city is it?

So I’ve already bought one woot-shirt and I’m wondering…what kind of fabric do they use? I know I’ll find out once my first shirt gets here, but I’m curious. Is it heavier cotton? Or the really, thin, light, cheap fabric you might find at Old Navy or similar? Does it vary depending on the shirt? Is this a dumb question? heh.

Thanks

Kinda looks like Washington, D.C…

Oh, dingo kidneys! Roasted galah on the barbie! Please, no one start a color war over this one. If they say it is “pantone black c”, then I guess it is SOME kind of black. Makes me wonder exactly how ill “heather gray” would make me.

A side-seam shirt and it doesn’t even take advantage of something as mundane as, oh, say symmetry? Oddly enough, it looks vaguely like a flip along the horizontal axis of San Francisco. Even the big long green (i.e. a park) would be about the right place. The circular thing wouldn’t fit though.

My eyes hurt! Oh, my eyes! It is too complicated! Nonetheless, I almost feel compelled to push the Big Stupid “I Want One” button.

Someone, please help me! Talk me out of my woot t-shirt addiction… it is only one day at a time, right?

(edit - [weeping heard in the background] No one helped! No one stopped me! I didn’t buy tonight’s shirt but I bought that other one… I’ll never be cured.)

It’s a standard American Apparel t-shirt, fairly good quality. Not the best, but not bad at all really. I like them enough that i’ve bought twenty-five shirts.

Yes, I’m that horrible.

This is a pretty whack design. Kudos for the complexity but it’s pretty bleh.

I was on the fence on this one, but in the end the fact that so many other people on this board have said they didn’t like it convinced me to go ahead and get it.

Oh, you evil, evil person, you! My mind was warped as a teenager by watching “A Clockwork Orange” and “Deliverance” when they first came out. The latter movie ended about midnight: wandering to my car in the dead of night in Colorado Springs suddenly seemed really sinister.

I’ve (I think) just bought a Moloko Plus. Why couldn’t I have a Moloko Synthmesc?

The better ones use yak hair. Or was it yeti? I get those “y” words all mixed up.

(5 hours of sleep out of 72 is a Really Bad Idea.)

oh man, couldn’t agree more, they need to step it up soon!

This one ain’t too bad though, but nothing I’d buy

Ohh, I’m a City Planner. Me likes!

This shirt has been taken well, and not many complaints about the heather gray! Its actually nice to see heather gray up more, but I’ve yet to see one that has a design on it I like. The first heather gray I ever saw since I was here was the Mr. M- shirt.

Ok ok, I bought the orange! Every time I see another design, like today’s, I want the Clockwork Orange shirt more. I haven’t seen the movie so I wasn’t sure about buying it but for whatever odd reason I had to.

Now this design, well…I was waiting for an off center shirt but this really doesn’t seem to do much for me. Reminds me of my Geographic Information Systems class where we make maps that look similar. As much as I want to like it, it reminds me too much of college and stress.

I really enjoy this shirt and the concept of the 2-D map wrapping around a 3-D object, being the wearer, however there is no indication that it is a map of a particular place. I would be much more motivated to buy a shirt that has the map of a real location on it. I’m sure it wouldn’t be too difficult to abstract many famous city centers to this format. I like to wear something that I can relate to rather than explain to someone that it’s someone’s interpretation of urban planning. If that’s the case, then you need more. If you’re trying to sell shirts, then make them of a place that is real first, in the same style. I would buy Rome, Florence, Frankfurt, Athens, Prague, Heidelbourg, Mainze, Pienza, Seville, Cordoba, Mexico City, Madrid, . . . etc in a heartbeat. If you sell lots of those, then you can get away with selling the “fake” places.

kinda looks like godzilla hanging on the right side of the tower…dont it?

It’s clearly a map of the city in Judge Dredd

i’m a GIS cartographer … this is really interesting to me. not sure if I’m in for one, but maps on clothing make it interesting.

Heather Grey needs to happen much more often! lovely!..just saying.

I agree with the following:

1. Bottom right looks like Philadelphia Benjamin Franklin Parkway (Rocky running up the stairs)
  2. Click to zoom into the picture. Top left is a penis.
    Goodnight everyone