Portable Sonar Fish Finder

is the handheld portion of it waterproof?

Will the float support both the sensor and display, if it gets knocked in the water while reaching for another beer?

Does it show where your line/treble-hook is, in relation to the fish, for easier snagging? Hey, some-days you can force the bait down their throat, and I hate going home half drunk, and no fish. Makes it look like we were just out drinking.

http://www.amazon.com/Koolatron-Sonar-Fish-Finder/dp/B000Q739VO/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&s=sporting-goods&qid=1249231959&sr=8-8
No reviews, cost $29.97 + shipping $6.99

I wonder how many wires are in that cable. I want to mount the transducer inside my kayak hull and also be able to detach the display unit when not in use. I’m going to have to install some sort of connector.

not sure if this is a joke, or you just don’t care about science classes.

it takes up to five days before item is shipped. then you add the time for delivery service.
if you see this icon

http://sellout.woot.com/Images/Icons/64x64/SmartPost.png

give about a week and half* and be very patient.

*results may vary.

You expect this to arrive by Thursday? BWAHAHAHA!!! Oh, sorry. I just noticed that you’re new here. It might make a nice XMAS gift.

you should hit it; it’s just too low priced…there is no guarantee you will catch fish with it, but it’s good to know that you aren’t dropping line on where you know there isn’t any, that is the real benefit of a unit like this…and it’s also nice to know the depth…

either spend the $25 here (and i’ve never seen a fish finder this cheap) or spend $150+ on a real nice sonar (like the Hummingbird models; i got one)…

Ordered one early this morning before church. I can’t wait to play with this on the ICW! Brackish water about 50% salt water.

Who needs a boat. For twenty bucks you can use it to find your toes in a murky hot tub!

The features for this products say “for extreme east of use”. Maybe that’s why it’s on Woot, it doesn’t work “west of use”.

I am wondering how well this would work for stream/tributary fishing for Steelhead. If you can’t scope out the contours (which are always changing) in the summers, this may be a good tool to help when the fish makes their runs.

For $20, I am not too confident it will blow me away but it could meet its value for depth readings alone.

If you have a boat, look into Eagle finders as they typically are last years’ Lowrance models.

I think I am going to be in for one, maybe two!

Lmao. I think I will be in for one. I am on the East coast afterall. Gonna think about it til the last minute, and if it sells out, it wasn’t meant to be.

anybody else get a good laugh from the features?

First it says: “Just throw the float mounted sonar into the water and watch the display for fish as well as the depth of water”, next line down it says: “Go fishing from anywhere, boat, shore, dock, or bridge”

BUT…how big is the screen display to be able to see this if you tossed it from a bridge or dock? AND…who uses a depth finder from shore???

This screen display cant be more than an inch or two, so unless your sitting darn near right on top of it or its directly to your side from a boat…ITS USELESS!!

Bonus point for ice fishing use!

frozen water fishing? lol.

you must be from the south, up here its called ice fishing!

ewwwwww

im taking a vaca in canadia right now funney u should say that but hey u could drive a couple miles down the border and get a po box set up so this dosnt happen again. if you’re allowed to i dont know.

I know, I thought that was funny too. I was just repeating what the video said. Their copywriters must be from the south :slight_smile:

In for one. Used my coupon.

In for two.
Forgot to use my coupon.