PortaMate Drill Bit Set, 300-Pack

This is SOOO much better than my coffee can…

but my coffee can was much cheaper.

I don’t care about the price. This is the worst printer I’ve ever used. It took me forever to get it hooked up to my Mac, it will not scan, the OCR function doesn’t work, and even the print quality is completely crappy.

To me, this set looks very nice. I’m more interested in that it’s got a nice looking case and has tons of screw driver adapters, which come in handy. For someone like me, who uses these types of devices sparingly, I think the set is great.

It’s like Craftsman versus Snapon: I buy Craftsman sockets and the like, which see relatively little use, but I buy ratchets and screw drivers from Snapon, since these see a huge amount of use relatively speaking.

For instance, I currently have a set that’s about 1/10 of this set, but the case is falling apart. I’m willing to give up some quality to get a better case and a wide range of tools.

Don’t skimp on tools fools. The hassle and expense of running to the hardware store because your bit snapped in the middle of a project isn’t worth it. Good quality tools will last you a long time and are worth the investment.

300 bits ?
well all do fit in a drill lol…
its ok guys…]

Start off by saying, I am not a contractor or professional, but I am an avid woodworking enthusiast. I personally think some may need to temper the realities of a drill bit. I’ve used… just about every brand of bit sold in a major retail store. What I have learned is that they all get dull, and anything smaller than 3/16" is not long for this world.

To that end, I have given up on spending $20+ for a cute little set of drill bits at HD/Lowes. Not when I can spend 30-40 and get multiples upon multiples, especially of those most prone to breaking.

If you want to waste money, there are great drill bits out there, but they are 50bucks for 1 bit. or more. And I think you’d be a fool to use them outside of a drill press. For the weekend warrior drilling holes in whatever material comes his way, the bit you WILL break, may as well not cost a lot.

what dimension are you in? this a thread about a tool box

Oh, where to start… b2pi was referencing a post by ginbak and was inferring that… Oh forget it… it’s just too confusing… never mind…