PortaMate Megavise II Portable Vise Stand

OK, I think I’ve found the source of the 600 lb claim: That is the capacity of the original Rockwell JawHorse, not of its knockoffs.

I called Amazon and they confirmed that their own listing is incorrect and thus is NOT AVAILABLE AT THIS TIME because they need to fix the listing. Talk to Vicky Amazon Listing

Did you know that woot is now actually liable now if someone gets hurt because of the claim of 600 lbs regardless if the box or manual says otherwise? Roge should talk to woot legal quick…

and making this post disappear would just make it worse.

I’m going to screen shot it.

the best part is someone posted a better deal and got a quality post out of it.

I emailed PortaMate - the capacity of the “II” is 220.5 lbs.

Period.

They said it states such right on the box.

Off the record, they said it is the EXACT SAME vice as the Craftsman - sold by the same vendor to various companies, just repainted and rebranded.

Roge, you want me to forward you a copy for legal? You might need it . . .

I checked back in with our buyer. Our vendor seems to have gotten conflicting data on the weight load, but we will be erring on the side of caution (and popular opinion). We’ll be reaching out to everyone who bought this offer with the correction and options.

Mine arrived today. First thing I did was crosscut a sheet of Oak plywood for the back of a picture frame 4’x3’. Been wanting to do that for months as I don’t have help or a large workbench. Really happy it came with the extension because you can’t hold a four4’ object at 37". Two thumbs up for the helping hand.

very poor quality. My portavise arrived and it was a damaged retuned unit. The vise has scuffs and scratches all over and the single leg will not extend. There are obvious marks on the leg where it should swivel out and the box was previously opened. I am VERY DISAPOINTED that WOOT would ship out such merchandise.
Anyone else receive open box /used / broken porta vises?

I’m really sorry to hear about your experience. I checked the sale page and it looks like these have a 1 Yr Affinity Tool Works warranty. I’d recommend reaching out to them first.

If you need further assistance, please feel free to email your order details and issue support@woot.com. Let us know how things go.