$79.99 + $5 shipping
CONDITION: White
PRODUCT: 4 2008 Porter-Bass Heintz Vineyard Chardonnay, Russian River Valley
CT link above

Winery website

Previous offer:
10/5/11

What does Black Tie Buy mean?

I bought this woot a few months ago – here’s the link to the discussion. Haven’t had a chance to try it yet.

Pricer than usual woot offerings, I think.

I was reading the text “a rich, mouth-filling flavorgasm of apricot, earth, and grapefruit with a hint of coconut and vanilla.” in the blog post and thought… earth? in a Chardonnay?

Noob. Means a more expensive product.

Supposedly it means fancy, expensive wine.

If I skipped the Welli vertical and nothing else better pops up, I’m going to be disappointed.

http://wine.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?PostID=4242572

I am a Chard drinker…but, I know nothing about this wine or the makers. Someone is going to have to push/shove this to make the $20.+ per bottle a buy. I have spent hundreds as many have this woot-off have and been waiting for a Chard. Now that one is here…I am at a loss!

now that is useful discussion. Definitely intrigued by decanting a white! and it sounds like the wife (who hates big oaky chards) would like this one.

Any other comments from those who know?

getting closer. Still not a Riesling

I googled and read that but I thought it was referring to a get together they were having.

Thanks everyone for the explanation.

I got in on the Wellington Vertical. Hubs is out of town so I got him a gift to give to me. :slight_smile:

J

Has there ever been a wine woot off item with than 3 up for sale ever?

Yes. See the current offer.

Z

There was a poster of elvis for a wootoff that sold after two! I think they pulled that off because nobody wanted to buy it…

Just as I was about to buy it it’s gone!!! Oh no.

3 and out!!! Guess I need to be quicker on the trigger…