Porter-Cable Compressor and Nailer Combo Kit

OK, thanks for the info.

I did a whole house of baseboard, crown molding, and a big chunk of hardwood floor with this compressor/nailers. Everything went off without a hitch.

It’s also good for putting air in car and bike tires, although you’ll need a separate extension for that (~$13 from Amazon, if you get the whole kit).

Yôur second guess is correct – which doesn’t absolutely rule out a Box Of Cats… The same filters as are being applied to our posts wêre first applied to today’s product description.

These people who say “no” don’t know that they’re talking about. YES. I have a friend who has used a smaller compressor to take off lug nuts. You won’t be doing a lot of fast work…you’ll be refilling quite often…but you can definitely use this for just about any tool that needs less than 150 psi. You might only get one or two nails before it refills, but if you’re not re-roofing houses professionally it should be just fine.

I bought this a few months back on the same deal on woot. The compressor has been fine, the brad nailer as well, but the finish nailer has trigger issues and when I contact porter cable via email they tell me to bring it to a store for warranty repair. apparently this is a common issue with that nailer

no: this compressor doesn’t have enough cfm to support a sprayer other than a small touch up gun for small jobs. use an airless sprayer for painting interior walls.

Okay, I stand corrected and I yield to the expert. I agree with you that you can remove lug nuts from a car wheel if…

If the lug nut is not on too tight or frozen by rust.

If you have enough time to wait about 2 to 3 minutes after using the air wrench for about 15 seconds until the compressor has enough time to fill up the tank.

If you consider this doing the job, then more power to you…I don’t! When you’re answering an honest question to someone who may or may not buy this item based on what you say, it is best to give a full, complete and dead on-the-spot answer.

this is a portable compressor, ideal for the nail guns its packaged with. You wont be taking your 2 stage rolling 40gallon compressor into your house. You could conceivably get a very long air hose, but you probably wouldnt.

Theres a tool for every job.

but… that doesnt mean I havent banged in a nail with the blunt side of a wrench.

Just as I once sprayed poly onto a dresser with a HF spray gun and a 2gallon husky compressor… Infact… it worked quite well. A much smaller job than painting a wall for sure. That probably wouldnt have gone so well.

My only reservation her is that I really dont need a brad nailer… and if Im picking 1 or the other, Id take an angled finish nailer. Yeah the nails are 15g for them, but its more flexible for tight spaces. compressor is $130ish… 30 more to get 2 guns is certainly cheap… we’ll see.

I have this model compressor which was purchased from Home Depot at a similar price. They bundled a brad nailer (brad nailer? brad harldy know her!) and a palm sander. It was a low price because an air compressor palm sander makes very little sense. Porter-Cable doesn’t even make that tool anymore.

A few notes - this compressor is loud as hell. If I’m doing work with it in my shop, I turn it on and leave while it settles. It’s loud even with hearing protection. If I need to do interior work, I try to arrange having the compressor outside and run the hose in through a window or door.

The brad nailer works great, I’ve used up to 2 inch brads with it.

As with any compressor, you should bleed the air out when you shut it down to get any condensate out of the tank. This prolongs the life of the tank.