Post Mongering: 8/12-8/13 (Part 2)

The anticipation is the best part.

Sad, but true.

8 Likes

I don’t mind waiting, more time for them to make it extra amazing :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

How about this week?

curious george GIF

6 Likes

Dave’s desk is probably in Kabul right now.

5 Likes

He’s been oddly quiet. Do you think the penguin kidnapped him for his price changing powers?

9 Likes

Someone should check on him…

Problem Oops GIF

10 Likes

UPDATE!

haven’t been able to get to the office so things are slow. stuff will start shipping this week.

also, gotta be honest i gotta find a way to limit the amount of winners. might have to make it 24 hours only and pick a winner every 2K posts instead of 1K.

OPEN TO (EASY) IDEAS :slight_smile:

15 Likes

Just make a new rule:

Everyone named Dave WINS!

11 Likes

Maybe it needs to be a little more than just SH!T posting…
You know that in TT’s happy hour, she gives away coupons based on an arbitrary value of the posts… It’s like your is quantity and she is quality…
Maybe you do One every 2.5K posts and a couple wild cards based on an LOL or something…
I have a feeling that if the ratio of posts to winner gets too high, people will participate less… but maybe that is what you want…

9 Likes

Same format, but bring back the ‘whammy’ prizes. Next time Will gets a pallet of luggage tags.

10 Likes

I can change prices around here. I just need some white-out and a pen.

6 Likes

Remember the giant box of “personal massagers” and bungie cords for a DIY massage chair!?

7 Likes

It was a fun idea but maybe people could stop stuffing the ballot box by asking Wootybot for fortunes, etc., to artificially inflate the number of posts.

13 Likes

Oh My God Reaction GIF

9 Likes

It’s like a lot of great ideas through out history, the system gets gamed as soon as the system is understood.
It’s hard to get quantity and quality at the same time… If you think the quantity is too high, then force some quality… How about a GIF’s ONLY post monger… Or a YT only post monger thread?
Or still image only… Something to force a LITTLE quality…

9 Likes

The phone shoulder rests were the worst one I remember.

I miss stuff like that. People stopped answering letters. But maybe they can bring it back in the name of Dave’s Desk Crap.

Limiting the number of prizes is ok too. There’s always going to be ballot stuffers. And it gets worse when the prizes are really good.

But it also brings in more people. So I dunno. It depends on what Dave wants.

Less hassle or more forum participation?

8 Likes

Yeah but the storage on all that. Do we really want to let that live in perpetuity?

30,000 gifs?

5 Likes

I guess it depends on how people post them… When I post a link to a gif, the woot forums do not house a copy, do they?

3 Likes

Just the link. But if they’re uploading them… that’s different.

4 Likes

I never had any luck with uploading gifs… (copy/paste) It always came out as a still image… maybe something changed and I never caught up… or maybe it was the browser.

3 Likes