Post Whore Anonymous - Warning! Use of this forum could be addicting!

Well, it doesn’t help to interfere w/ attempts to correct it. Please leave them alone, until the tweaking is done.

Guess what? It didn’t make a da*n bit of difference. Don’t think that was the problem.

Edit: In my expert opinion, of course. (Snicker)

It isn’t me… I’ve never done that.
I wouldn’t anyhow.

you tell him I am not interfering

What I am doing is trying to foster a community by trying to stop him from pulling the rugs out from under everyone’s feet.

But I do agree that he’s got the authority to destroy the community on a whim, if he so chooses. Which, apparently, he does - since it is obvious now that he was burying those threads on purpose.

I don’t know. I’ll wait for him to bury them all again, maybe it will reload faster. I can guess about five different ways that might actually be true.

People working for me would get fired on the spot for about three of 'em.

Perhaps if the wootgods informed the vol mods what was going on, the vol mods could disseminate the info to those of us consigned to life as part of the unwashed common clave who only buy and support woot, then all this extraneous fussing would abate . . .

That’s because the keep reappearing on the front page. The forum takes a long time to load, still, but individual threads shouldn’t…it’s hard to tell, till they are left alone.

http://users.pandora.be/eforum/emoticons4u/happy/045.gif

It looks like Gimma might be kind of in the know…
Maybe she could fill us in.
On the other hand, I wouldn’t probably understand it anyhow.

sigh

good plan - actually *talk * to the people who make up the community you’re (at least in theory) trying to help.

The only reason I brought those threads back to the front of the index is because I believed someone else was burying them just to be silly. If there was a reason or even just a valuable experiment, I’d never have messed with it.

I’m just trying to help FIX things.
And believe me, my collar temperature is up into the critical range now

they’re now all three off the first index page of EE

…which still loads slower than a three-toed sloth with two bandaged toes

criminy! I must have donated three hours or more of my time on the login problems the other day, and this is what we get.

I can’t even remember any more why I bothered coming back after the “coffeebreak” debacle was left apparently unresolved.

No, he locked them. I moved them as a test and they would have been returned to their proper place in a few minutes, if what he thought would work, didn’t. Geeez, lighten up. No one is pulling the rug out from under anyone’s feet.

then it was YOUR responsibility to be on the ball about admitting it when the community noticed

Certianly NOT your place to JUMP ON people who are trying to PUT THINGS BACK TO RIGHT

Like I keep saying - I’m just trying to help. Someone posted that they’d been sent back to hell and gone, and I knew how to fix that, so I just did it. Then you come here, knowing what you knew, and **you ** throw around accusations???

But you don’t understand the urgency!!! If we lose this community, many of us will have to (dare I say it?) interact with people face-to-face . . . in the (gulp) real world!!!

I’ll tell ya . . . I’m freakin’ out!!!

[snerk] [:p] [/snerk]

EEWW!! All that messy interpersonal face-to-face stuff??

shudder

THIS is not jumping all over people, obob.

Pretty grodie, huh?!?

but this might be construed as jumping all over people…

• Totally grodie* dude!

Whoa!! Hiya, t’girl doood!!

For the record I don’t really have a problem with postwhore threads. If there weren’t performance issues, we’d let them go forever.

The forums definitely don’t get as much programming attention as the rest of the site. We’re planning on doing an upgrade but it won’t be until I get some help in January.