Post Whores Anonymous Part 2

Bedtime. I’ll be back here tomorrow. Hope you all will, too.

[quote user=“pooflady”]

Okay, why on earth would the w00t gods listen to Glori? Something else is going on besides that.[/quote]

Well, Luke was talking about how technologically difficult it is to maintain that long of a thread with all the editing and quoting options available. He kinda made sense and I could see that he had a reason for it.
But I’m still sad.
And I won’t have hurt feelings if people don’t wanna post here.
I’d rather Cruzer start a new thread but he said he wouldn’t.
Cruzer???
Go for the new one, hon!!

'night Poof! I think I’m headed that way myself…

I am so bummed out… I really loved cruzer’s post whore thread just as it was.
yes, I’m sure the woot gods had their technological reasons for locking it, but a whole bunch of us feel a sense of loss tonight.
I only started a new one up because we didn’t know where to go to post.
I would much rather cruzer start something new up.
but if he doesn’t here we all are, guy and gal wooters!!

OK, all you early birds… Get us started on the right foot this morning. I hope to see this thread on page 2 (or 3) by the time I wake up please! [:D]

[quote user=“mac daddy1”]maybe G lori is an attention whore.
[/quote]

Well it looks like you got the back half correct.

[quote user=“acemom”]I am so bummed out… I really loved cruzer’s post whore thread just as it was.
yes, I’m sure the woot gods had their technological reasons for locking it, but a whole bunch of us feel a sense of loss tonight.
I only started a new one up because we didn’t know where to go to post.
I would much rather cruzer start something new up.
but if he doesn’t here we all are, guy and gal wooters!![/quote]
I know, it’s like when your goldfish dies. You know it was bound to happen, but you are never ready for the moment when it does… Well, we’ll just have to keep posting until they lock this one and it’s time for PWAIII…

[quote user=“rugby4me”]

Well it looks like you got the back half correct.[/quote]
well, rugby, I don’t actually understand her/him.
Although I try to.
I tried to go back to IRC and make friends.
We’ll see…

really the topic should just be split off after the first post and renamed… that would dissapate any argument about it being “technologically difficult” to continue all the quoting and editing… Just a suggestiong gods…

to be honest with you, I don’t understand your point.
why would splitting off after the first post resolve anything?
Or maybe I don’t get what you are trying to say.

wait a minute… aren’t you still in High School?? or do I have you confused with someone else…
If you’re still in school, shouldn’t you be in bed young lady/man??

[:D] can’t help bein a mom!!

[quote user=“acemom”]

Well, Luke was talking about how technologically difficult it is to maintain that long of a thread with all the editing and quoting options available. He kinda made sense and I could see that he had a reason for it.
But I’m still sad.
And I won’t have hurt feelings if people don’t wanna post here.
I’d rather Cruzer start a new thread but he said he wouldn’t.
Cruzer???
Go for the new one, hon!![/quote]

Why couldn’t they just archive the first 200-250 pages and disable the quote and edit buttons on them. I don’t know if it is possible, I’m just a computer caveman. I don’t think cruzer will slink away beaten. He just needs some time to plan a new strategy. I remember when we were running neck and neck at 350 posts and I blasted out 50 in 1 night. He took off to pass me and now he sits at some 3700-3800 while I’m in the 550 range. He’s no quitter.

[quote user=“rugby4me”]

Why couldn’t they just archive the first 200-250 pages and disable the quote and edit buttons on them. I don’t know if it is possible, I’m just a computer caveman. I don’t think cruzer will slink away beaten. He just needs some time to plan a new strategy. I remember when we were running neck and neck at 350 posts and I blasted out 50 in 1 night. He took off to pass me and now he sits at some 3700-3800 while I’m in the 550 range. He’s no quitter.[/quote]

nono… cruzer will not leave us… he’s not that kinda guy and I didn’t mean to imply otherwise.
As for the Original Post Whore thread… it’s still there and accessible for viewing…
but I still purely hate that it is locked now…

Oh, and BTW, without whoring it up, it would be nice to see at least Page 2 by the time the early morming wooters get here.

I’m totally lost… is it worth an explanation of what happened or should I just remain blissfully ignorant?

If ya really want to know I
ll fill you in… techno stuff, not soap opera stuff

hmmmm… I just noticed that the top three threads on the EE forums have the last post by me.
I apparently need to shut up…

puts duct tape over mouth in an effort to control self

but that’s the whole purpose of a post whore thread…

Oh, and rugby, check your PM box…

[quote user=“jqubed”]
but that’s the whole purpose of a post whore thread…[/quote]

well, yes… and no.
I like chatting and posting with friends and pleasant newcomers.
But I won’t whore it up just for the sake of getting my post count up… (which by the way, I wish I could hit “reset” and start over).
At this point, my post count actually embarrasses me…

[quote user=“acemom”]hmmmm… I just noticed that the top three threads on the EE forums have the last post by me.
I apparently need to shut up…

puts duct tape over mouth in an effort to control self[/quote]

Wow! Even most politicians can only speak out of both sides of their mouths. With that kind of talent you must be a U.N. diplomat.