:w_boc: Post your July 2020 (16th Birthday) Crap Here!!

You can click on the photo, zoom in and see that it is a print. I love how joyful he is! :grinning:

I think it’s great he’s so happy and his glasses reflect the color of his shirt

(apologies for the delay, my week sort of tanked at work inc rushes right when I was due off, sigh–seriously people, do y’all just stand outside 'til there’s a small mob, then rush the Purple counter?)

'kitty–awesome video! Love the commentaries! You make me wish more than ever that I could’ve figured out how to video opening my (comparatively tiny) Letter Box. Ah well, I’ll just go reread the play-by-play I wrote up. I agree with TT, sounds like a lot of the stuff you either have a need for, or know who to gift it to. Great deal! I also love how very very appreciative the whole family was.

Btb, how do you tell if your uke is good quality or not? Asking for real, 'cause I have the Momma’s uke and have no idea if it was a kiddy-level she never got rid of or a decent one that she never mastered.

Except all of my random things go into my Mystery Boxes for the Con’s charity auction. Helps that I “run” my Boxes when they come up–“I know what’s in here, but you don’t, might be some really awesome stuff, honestly I don’t even remember all the great crap I put in it!” And the bidding goes higher :smiley_cat:

@Peyton - oh my gosh you are SUCH a cutie! I would dearly love to be there to flap your ears 'til you groan!

@inazuma - you are truly an overachiever. I haven’t even gotten to your next posts, I’ve just read about The List. Dang! And now having viewed the photos, great haul! Congrats!

TT, I am VERY impressed with how the monkeys manage to pack so much into a relatively-confined palette. I know how difficult that can be! Although with a palette, at least the confines are mostly self-imposed. I’m forced to make things fit into set box-sizes. Luckily I had excellent training with three years of packing an entire dorm-room into a '78 Olds Cutlass Salon.

Say, that’s a better average than the last time you Lettered, when you decided to stop doing them each month. Does this mean you’ll keep doing Letters again? Pweez can has anudder?

Thank you for that. While my best friend says storing things to donate later is toxic, I always feel I’d much rather put up with a box of crap stashed behind a chair that I know will go away than adding to landfills with perfectly good things someone else might find useful. :squid: :+1: (that’s my way of saying “lotsa thumbs up for you!”)

@chazzyoo - I totally agree with Linda & A’Kat–you look so utterly and TOTALLY thrilled with having Snagged a Bag of Crap! Join the never-yet-disappointed club with me.

>'Kat

2 Likes

And for my Box ('cause I do NOT sneak off with it, although I AM sometimes slow about posting it, sorry)

Amusingly, the UPS arrived as I was about to leave for rehearsal with the Jazz combo. I’d forgotten water so had just gone back in and saw the truck pull up. He started for my gate, so I opened the front door. He was already going back to the truck. First thought–REALLY DUDE? You just dumped it in front when I specifically chased you down last time for doing that? No, he actually nicely set it in my garage since the door was open. Since I was now late, I put it in my car and left.

After rehearsal, I told my friend (whose house we rehearse at) that I had my Box with me, and did she want to see what all the fun’s about. Sure. So Morgan is missing for once, but her cat Cato filled in.

He was curious about what was in the Box. And sniffed at things as I took them out. That was about it.

My friend said he’s very atypical and has very little interest in empty boxes. This was the closest he came to going into the empty box. Sniffed at it, looked in it and saw there was nothing else, then walked off.

My haul–
1 - 3-pack vegetable patio planters. I’m thinking SiL gift. Either one. :octopus: :+1:
1 - hi-viz safety vest. Always useful. :+1:
1 - light-up truck or car. Gifted that to my friend for her grandsons since she seemed pleased with that prospect. BIG :+1:

1 - narrow red 3-ring binder. Again, useful, esp for a writer :+1:
1 - Fantastic Beasts book of the characters. Since I do plan on checking out the vids sometime, this should be useful. Then most likely will go into a Mystery Box for next year’s Con. :+1:

1 - package of funny sandwich bags. I take a sandwich to work most days, so very useful. Thank you woot! :+1:

1 - purple/wine/cranberry New Woot bag. Friend was very envious. Not sharing that though. :+1:

1 - woot! straw in container. That’ll be fun at work.
1 - package of fishing hooks, maybe and my friend thinks that’s what it is. Label says “Mustad KVD Triple Grip Musky/Salt” Size 3/0, Ref TG90-BN, 5 pcs. They look more like trefoils. Can’t imagine how big a fish you’d be fishing for to use three-pronged hooks this big. Can’t imagine how huge a single-aught size is. These are up for tradesies or just claimsies.

1 - package of Crazy 'Kat-lady gift tags. How perfect can this get, huh? Not enough thumbs up for this one! Total score! A’Kat, C’Kit, I’m not sharing, and I’m not sorry, either.

1 - meditation adult coloring book. SiL LURVES doing these. She’ll probably get this, so the other SiL will get the planters. Christmas gifts taken care of. :+1: :+1:

1 - package hothands. Again, always useful in KS winters. These shall go into my emergency pack that I keep in my car once it turns cold. :+1:

1 - jack o’lantern stencil book. I don’t carve my pumpkins anymore since we get zero trick-or-treaters, but I’ll look it over. Might keep, might give to a friend at work, might go in a Mystery Box.

And the absolute best score of the box, 1 - unicorn tape dispenser with two rolls of rainbow tape! Again, not enough thumbs up for how happy I am with this score! I just wish I still worked at the new job so I could have it on my desk and everyone could see it. Sadness there. TT, does secondary residual disappointment count for you?

Except for that bit of tangent disappointment, I am thrilled as usual with my Bag. Thanks woot! and TT and everyone for the fun!

(edit to say I’ve copy’n’pasted this into the correct thread)

>'Kat

4 Likes

Equally happy with my back-up set of woot!off lights–

Even though I have no good place now to use them. Heck, I never got a chance to use my first set before being laid off from the new job. HEY ALL YOU NAZARENES, PLEASE START TITHING MORE SO I CAN GET REHIRED!!!

And esp for you, TT, 'cause I know you’ve checked for more when I missed out in past woot!offs–

The cheapie no-frills-inc walkie-talkies. I tested them with myself, but I can’t say how well they would work from up here down to my old bedroom. Still, I think the Momma would’ve been pleased with their potential. I’m sure they’d have been good enough that she could sit here and “yell” at me through her walkie, and never need to get up and yell down the stairs.

I’m happy to have them, esp since they seemed to’ve been as hot a ticket as a Bo’C. But I’m also sad there’s no need for them right now. I’m certain I will need them, considering my history of surgeries, but for now they’ll just be entertainment scanning channels to eavesdrop on cops or something. Say–does anyone know what channel cops transmit on so I can hear any calls nearby and know if anything bad’s happening?

Thanks again, TT and all the woot! gang that puts together the woot!offs and esp the Bs o’ C. I’m very pleased, as usual.

(and ditto. Sigh. I blame KC Joe’s BBQ pizza from Minsky’s for making me not notice I was in the wrong thread)

>'Kat

6 Likes

Be jealous! :grin:
My second Bag of Crap came with the following:

• Blue Woot! bag
  • BOC vinyl decal
  • Critter crafts and recipes book
  • Super Mario Land journal
  • Cool Downz cooling towel
  • Cleveland Cavaliers keychain
  • St. Louis Cardinals sunglasses case
  • Tennessee Titans shirt
  • Chicago Bears passport book
  • Dominator hammer head jigs
  • Pipe thread to tubing adaptor
  • Bike light holder
  • 1/8” painters tape
  • EVA anti-vibration pad for HVAC
  • Energy force wrist band
  • Emoticon LED light
  • Acorn tip finial things
  • +1.00 bifocal safety glasses
  • Garden flag American flag with basenji dog
  • Finding Dory Bailey toy (works!)
  • Take & Toss spill proof cups
  • (and the pièce de rĂŠsistance) Amazon Fire TV stick (now to convince my mom to get a new TV so we can actually use it…)
5 Likes

woops, sorry for the delay, been away for a bit. Anyway, I honestly don’t know how to tell a good uke from a bad one.
A metric I’m currently going with is the following:
“My 14 yr old daughter is happy with both of them and they seem to retail for $20 and $40 respectively”.
That’s pretty much all I have.
They could completely suck, but she loves them so they don’t suck. I think that’s how it works anyway!
I hope it helps (though from a practical perspective, I guess it doesn’t).

@SylvreKat you could see if this article might clue you in to what you have

https://musicalpros.com/find-quality-ukulele/

1 Like

Wowzer!

I was posting my gourmet box of junk, found my notes on this Battle of Carnivores from the birthday Woot-Off. Found the picture too:

6’ Mini DisplayPort to DisplayPort cable
Eureka vacuum belts
50x badge holders (got 100 of these now… great.)
Led headlamp
Magnetic/hanging LED light (this has been useful)
60w equivalent LED bulb
Shell pull knob
4 straw cups
Little lizard tube heroes plush
M sparkle/glitter New York Giants shirt
Marvel agents of SHIELD 2nd season
Halloween cookie cutters
Replacement birdies
Monkey Sticker
Bag - blue

3 Likes

I had received a Carolina Gamecocks window sticker, which I wasn’t going to use, so I repurposed it - used all the letters, with only having to alter 2 of them - pretty darn proud, no electronic or human help (my bullie did stare at it for a while to try his hand at it)

7 Likes

I guess I’ll finally stop procrastinating and post my June & July BOC’s.

June’s box included:
1 - woot! Bag
1 - large green pants
1 - princess costume
1 - laundry bag
1 - Dory toy
1 - crap sticker
1 - Nintendo notebook

July’s box included:
1 - woot! Bag
1 - face paint templates
1 - woot monkey
1 - bamboo kitchen spoon set
1 - 2016-17 day planner
1 - 2017 calendar
1 - small steel cup
1 - fever at dawn book
1 - coloring book

5 Likes

Hey, you got some useful stuff!

1 Like

Go Bananas inflatable
Minnesota Vikings napkins
Simulated flame light bulbs
Pants
Luggage Tags
Bruce Springstein biography
Sewing needles
Light fixture pull
HDMI/DVI converter
Two shark bite components
Blackish DVDs
Woot bag
Woot sticker
Medal for having the best Bag of Crap

7 Likes

Why did I read this list to the tune of 12 days if Christmas :rofl:

1 Like

2015 pff (pro football focus) fantasy draft guide (2 of these) Pendaflex hanging file folders asstd colors Books: Cracking the case method: legal analysis for law school success Design/build with jersey devil architecture briefs Fantastic Beasts and where to find them Character Guide 4 pc bamboo kitchen utensils 3D pixel Pet puzzles (2 per pkg) Woot bag Woot monkey

3 Likes

Looks like you can build your own law office now… heh

2 Likes

Used to be a local fan, now in Broncos territory.

2 Likes

1st bag o’ crap post. Was pleasantly disappointed.

Axe Pizza cutter
Pink pencil case - my 7yr old daughter stole
2 Littlest pet shop toys - daughter stole again
Star wars fun on the go - 9yr old son stole
Amazon basics wire that I actually needed
5 safety plugs
1 lip balm - I hid from my daughter to keep for myself
Jump rope - found outside later stolen my both kids
2 big pipe connectors - might go hipster and use as a necklace.
Woot bag
Finding Dory Bailey toy - I never saw the movie but this thing makes the most annoying “ooOooOo guys” sound and I love it. My son and I have been torturing the the rest of the house with it.

The cats were unimpressed but loved the box. Go figure

I got the look from my wife while unboxing I’m sure many of you have gotten. “The why did you by this crap for look” That was the best gift of all. Mission accomplished.

7 Likes

Really should have looked at my Woot! code to see that the damn thing expired on 8/31/2020.
Bah.
(On the other hand, now I REALLY AM disappointed.) :wink:

1 Like