:w_boc: Post your September 2020 Crap Here!!

Green tote bag
Popables toy
S/M adult life jacket
“cheaper than therapy” flask
World’s worst vape pen (I assume this is a straw)
Stopwatch
Composition book

This is the first BOC I was able to purchase, and my weirdo children were just as excited as I was! Worked out nicely that they got a toy out of it.

4 Likes

As disappointing as 2020 has been so far.

10 out of 10 would buy again.

4 Likes

Hello boys and girls of the wootverse. I received my BoC today and I must admit to being thoroughly impressed with the deviousness of the sadistic Woot monkeys who pack these receptacles of remorse. I am truly in awe.
This is my second BoC and I thought I understood and had prepared for the disappointment. I admit I was mildly curious how they could beat the disappointment and potential embarrassment of my first BoC which contained a Pretty Princess toddler costume. But I had faith that they could outdo themselves and so steeled myself mentally for the bitter, heart-rending disappointment that would wash over me when I would open my box. Like some twisted version of Stockholm Syndrome I even began to look forward to the disappointment coming my way. And so, with a giddiness that should have been disturbing, I eagerly awaited the delivery of my impending disappointment.
When it finally arrived I rushed to the door and rushed my box to the table. I cut through the tape and peeled the flaps back and stared. As I took out each item a strange sensation began bubbling inside me. But, it was not the one I expected. Instead, excitement and joy were followed by laughter an smiles. Where was my disappointment? What were these actually useful and hilarious items doing in my BoC?! That’s when it struck me just how devious the masters of disappointment at Woot truly are.
You see they must have known that I would be looking forward to being let down and therefore they flipped the script on me and took away my disappointment at the contents on the BoC. Replacing it with the disappointment of not being disappointed. Well played Woot, well played.
So here’s what was in my BoC:
1 - World’s Worst Vape Pen – it’s actually a reusable metal straw with “world’s worst cape pen” printed in it, which is hilarious.
2 – A flat-screen wall mount for a 32 to 55in screen.
3 – A dry erase board
4 – Screwdriver set with 30 different bits.
5 – Black’ish Season 1 DVD
6 – Seat Protector for child seats (this will go to a neighbor who’s expecting a new baby in a week)
7 – Green Woot bag
8 – A hip flask with “I swear this is water" printed on it. (Between this and the world’s worst vape I was nearly in tears laughing)

13 Likes

Loved it! I’m a first timer for the BOC. Got cool BOC tote bag, adult life preserver/flotation device, compact screwdriver set, digital stop watch, Mead composition book, a Popples set—child’s plastic toy in pieces to assemble, flask, one Woot! World’s Worst Vape Pen. LOL. All great. Thank you!!!

8 Likes

Just scored my first BOC and am super excited! I’ll update when it arrives.

2 Likes

Congrats on the lucky save!

Was waiting for food poisoning or something. Your version was more pleasant though.

2 Likes

An interesting mix of disappointment and surprise.

1 disappointing bag
1 Agents of Shield Season 2 DVD
1 “Malice Toward None” book of Lincoln’s second inaugural address
1 “Fantastic Beasts” movie handbook (Will go to nieces)
1 “Horseplay!” book of crafts “for horse-crazy kids” (Will go to nieces)
1 unicorn tape dispenser (Will go to nieces … notice a pattern?)
1 Popples toy that needs to be assembled. All the pieces and instruction book appear to be here, but no box. (Will go to nieces, who are making out like bandits)
1 Sports Stopwatch with a lanyard
1 cabinet knob in the shape of a starfish
1 random electrical cord that goes to … nothing in this box
1 “Woot! World’s Worst Vape Pen” reusable metal straw
1 pack of slip-joint washers (Warning: Language/grammar rant ahead: The instructions on the back say to use them “to insure a good seal.” No! Unless the company is taking out an actual insurance policy on them, they are used “to ensure a good seal.” … Sorry. Rant over.)

And, finally … a Fitbit Alta, complete in box looking brand new!

The Alta adventure: My son plugged it it, and it soon was reading fully charged. Unfortunately, once it was disconnected from the charger, it blacked out and would not respond. Tried resetting it, charging again, same thing. Everything seems to work when connected to the charging cord, it says the battery is fully charged, but once the cord is disconnected, nothing. So, we figured, it was just a tease, we got a DOA Fitbit.

But we left it on the charger overnight for the hell of it. We woke up this morning … and it works! Apparently it just needed a good, long charge.

So, a pretty sweet BOC.

10 Likes

Whose nieces are gonna think they are da bomb?! :smile:

1 Like

Last week I was looking forward to getting my BoC today. But then wild fires smoke started and of course there’s no deliveries in the foreseeable future.
Please keep posting your BoCs so I can experience second hand disappointment. Thanks! :w_happy1:

2 Likes

Life jacket, metal straw, stop watch, composition book, some odd kids toy, mini screwdriver set.

4 Likes

[edited to add the actual BoC]

I got a similar box to almost everyone else (life jacket, toy, stopwatch, etc), which is great, because my uber bored dog (who can’t go out because of wildfire smokes in “hazardous” and “beyond index” levels) decided to destroy the toy I got on a past BoC over the weekend. Glad we have a backup for the kiddo.

3 Likes

Did you mean… A Cationary Tail?

Awwww, pup is sorry.

2 Likes

Scored a bag today! Can’t wait to share it… my kids are stoked too (my daughter says bag of craft, she doesn’t like to say crap)!

Are there always numbers at the end of the BoC titles? I feel like I’ve never noticed that before but am too lazy to go find old listings. This part of mischief week, @ThunderThighs?

1 Like

I don’t “do” puns.

And even if I did, it’s not MY book, but @Narfcake’s.

Stay safe!

1 Like

My 9/5 app BOC came yesterday, chock full o’ Wooty goodness.

2 x Avery navy file folders
1 x Why is the Dalai Lama Always Smiling book
1 x When All Plans Fail book
1 x Too Hot to Handle thermal notebook (neat)
1 x 2016 Bad Cat calendar (can use again in 2044)
1 x Purple Woot bag
1 x Blackish Season 1 DVD (my third)
1 x Otterbox Elevation growler - 28 oz. (score!)
1 x Woot monkey with UFO cape
1 x Hot Max masonry grinding wheel (so random)
1 x NGK spark plug (more randomness)
1 x Pentel hi-polymer eraser (needed an eraser)
1 x Pair Los Angeles Dodgers earrings
2 x Minnesota Vikings 2-pack elastic bracelets
1 x Michigan State Spartans pullover hoodie (really nice)

This was a most excellent BOC. Zero disappointment. Sorry, TT.

5 Likes

A unicorn tape dispenser? Now, I’m really green!!! Grrrrrrrahhhhhhhhhhh VOP!

1 Like

What is more disappointing than bag of totally useless crap? How about not being there to receive it and inspect each useless item one by one. Well Woot, you may have waited until I was locked in quarantine thousands of miles away from your BOC drop… but with a set of remote hands and a host of Apple products I was able to see that your packaging monkeys were able to fit 3lbs of crap in a small box. I might add the minute costume takes the cake for most useless item in the bag. Would you want to see a 250lb adult try to squeeze into that outfit? You are lucky I was remote because you would have!

1 Like