Poulan Pro 20-Inch 2-Stroke Gas Chain Saw

When you’re done using it, open the oil fill cap to relieve pressure and it won’t leak when it’s stored.

Tru-dat!

The oil pump in a 2 cycle chain saw will not make the engine lock up if it fails. The chain, and bar can be damaged though. The engine will lock/seize if the oil/gasoline mixture does not have enough oil in it, or it is not mixed up well. Also some people adjust the carburetors too lean. The mixture should not be set for best idle, or you will be running too lean. It must be richer than that, or the piston/cylinder wall will be scored and damaged. Always drain the gas from a 2 cycle chain saw when storing it, and start it up and idle it until it runs completely out and cuts off. I also remove the gas cap, so the gas/ethanol vapors evaporate to keep the gas line, and carb gaskets in good shape. I also use premium synthetic Stihl 2 cycle in my Poulan and Stihl chain saws. Premium bar and chain oil really makes a difference too. When you use cheap bar and chain oil, or used motor oil to oil the chain, you will wonder why the chain gets loose kinda quickly. The bar is not coming loose, the chain is stretching. I use premium bar and chain oil, and I can cut all day, and the chain is still pretty tight. The use of the highest quality oils makes a TREMENDOUS difference.

Stay away from woot.Poulan came incomplete(missing the adjustment pin)which renders saw useless.Woot said call poulan.Called poulan,they said they didnt refurb this saw and to contact woot.Woot then said we didnt sell it some one else did and then no more emails! Also the saw was FILTHY,filter was horrible,with grease/oil all over it.I have the pics and emails to prove this.BUYERS BEWARE OF WOOT

I’ll check in with CS on your order, I’m sorry this has been a hassle for you.

Very sorry I purchased the Poulan 20" Refurb from Woot on 1/26/14. When I tried starting it after fueling it up and adding chain oil the pull rope wouldn’t retract. Took it apart and tried fixing it to no avail. Dropped it off at an authorized repair center. A month later they called and told me it was fixed, when I went to pick it up the engine seized and they took it back in for service again. A month later they called and told it was repaired. Took it home and tried starting it to no avail. So two months after receiving it I still haven’t cut one limb with it. Calling Poulan on Monday to see what can be done. I think I purchased a $110 boat anchor. My recommendation if this comes up again on Woot is don’t buy it!!!