Powerbag Charging Bags

… or you could just buy an external battery and carry that around in any bag you want.

These capacities too are pretty pitiful on these bags. You can get a 10000mAh battery for <$40 these days. They are nice and compact, or at least not so big that you think, “gee this thing is big, if only it was sewn into my bag. Then I wouldn’t be able to re-adjust it or remove it”

I was just about to point this out. Great idea but really 139 for these things is crazy! Get yourself a external battery off of amazon for like 20-30 and call it a day. you can use that in whatever you want. you can get a ful bag or a targus or a coach hand bag or whatever. Why tie yourself to this bag for way too much.

or here.

I just got the red sling-bag, and I’m loving it!
I’m a little disappointed in the “left or right” strap thing, because it’s clearly not possible. You would have to rotate the center clip in order to make it left / right strap. slight design flaw, but all in all, I’m pleased for the 5 hours I’ve had it :]
I’ve been trying to find a bag EXACTLY like this for a little over 6 months, so needless to say I was very happy to see it up for $35.00. I just sold my car, so I’m taking public transportation ~40 miles a day to get to work and back, and this bag keeps everything nice and clutter free.

A 1959 Cadillac Ambulance to be exact.

Why do we rarely get open bag shots? :frowning:

Sorry. Sometimes we don’t get samples and have to rely on vendor art.

Can you talk to the bag vs backpack? Is one better than the other or they about the same build quality? Is it pretty much just personal preference in the end?

It’s a thick nylon. Pretty sturdy but not very “lush” feeling.

I have. Bought in on a previous Woot. I’ve traveled SF to Orlando, and SF to New York, and SF to Boston and back. Had absolutely zero issues through security.

Nope. Zero extra scrutiny for me. Even flying in and out of JFK and BOS.

Here’s my take:

I bought the messenger bag to take with me to a convention where I was live podcasting interviews.

The bag is… well… let’s just say there are better. It’s not cheaply made, but it’s not very well made, either. The flap is awkward, the main pockets are too small for anything but a computer or books, there’s no internal organization pouches. The external pockets are awkwardly placed and the zippers are installed in the wrong direction so that they’re hard to zip closed with one hand while it’s slung over your shoulder.

That being said, this bag saved my life at the convention. The weight of the bag plus the heavy battery pack does balance pretty well, and the fact I could recharge my iPhone after every interview meant that I was not stuck fumbling for juice box after juice box trying to keep the battery life up. It fully charged my iPhone and iPad probably four to six times a day for five days.

I traveled with it to JFK, BOS, SFO and Orlando. I never received any extra scrutiny with TSA.

Caution: Do NOT leave the bag’s charger in the hotel room when you leave. It’s hell to find another universal device that will work with it because the bag’s socket is a weird diameter.

I wouldn’t say I think it’s the greatest bag ever. I think that the strap loops on the bag are badly designed and will probably bend or break soon. And I think the overall quality of construction is pretty low, considering it’s supposed to be a $135 bag. But as a $35 bag, it’s a good buy.

I was thinking more about post-Boston, really. A recent marathon near here didn’t allow any backpacks on site at all. In any case, we decided getting a larger battery separately made more sense. 3000mah isn’t enough for our devices anyway and we’ve got lots of nicer backpacks.

Can we get some more of these please. NEED MOAR!