PowerBlock Personal Trainer Adjustable Dumbbell Set

I admire your multitasking abilities, but it sounds like you need a hardware mute button for your mic/headset. If you’re lifting whilst talking, then you are lifting enough bruv!

Here’s an image of the PB90 set I have next to a standard set of dumbbells of the same weight.
There’s no close comparison between the 2 when it comes to the amount of time it takes to assemble each. Not to mention how much space the plate weights consume in my exercise room.

I have had these before. I didn’t like the way you have to change them because you have to get them just aligned but I will say they are extremely durable compared to the Bowflex SelectTechs. Just something to consider if you are impatient like me.

Also, these will hold their value very well. I sold mine for like $10 less than what I paid for after 3 years.

Have had a set of these for years - I didn’t spring for the 2.5lb inserts, but use a pair a magnetic things that can add weight instead (search for PlateMate) - it’s a little faster to adjust.

The shape is odd, but I’ve never found it to be in the way. My roommate hates them, but he likes to curl/uncurl his wrist at the end of extensions for some stupid reason.

They also make great push-up stands.

I started with Selectechs and used them for a couple years doing P90X. Last year started lifting weights more and grew out of the Selectechs. Purchased the Powerblock U90s. At first I didn’t like them compared to the Selectechs. After a month of use I could never go back. Once you get used to the color/weight changes of the powerblocks they are a breeze to use. Powerblocks are the best at home dumbbell.

If fashion is in your top 100 concerns when lifting, then you’re doing it wrong.

This is the second-smartest lifting purchase I’ve made. #1 was a rack from Craigslist.

I have one set of these and they work great. Super good deal here. I snoozed and lost on this one. Definitely look for it next time. Need one more set for a vacation home.

My shipping weight for this is 25lbs.

These are supposed to go up to 50lbs each. The math doesn’t add up!!

Can’t wait for the delivery. UPS says the delivery weighs 25.40 lbs. Hope that’s wrong. Anyone know where to order the upgrade weight?

Same here

I’m mostly joking. The weight is almost always wrong on these shipments. But we’ll see.

For those who missed out on this deal, looks like Woot has it on sale over at the mothership for not much more (an extra $10 if you have free prime shipping):

http://www.amazon.com/PowerBlock-Personal-Trainer-Adjustable-Set/dp/B000NWTX6W?ie=UTF8&*Version*=1&*entries*=0

I received mine and they were thankfully split into two boxes so I could haul them up to my apartment haha. Looking forward to my first workout with them tonight.

These aren’t upgradeable. The 50Lbs is the maximum as the personal trainer set doesn’t have an expansion pack.