PowerBlock Personal Trainer Adjustable Dumbbell Set

If you lift to failure you are supposed to grunt loudly and drop the weights (no matter the type) as loudly as possible and let everyone in the gym know what you just did. If you simply fail and hold the weights at extension at your side after said failure and proceed to lightly set them on the ground and/or weight stand, no one will know how much of a badass you are.

Don’t forget to carry around the milk jug full of water so that everyone knows you have no problem lifting an entire gallon of water to drink from, that you’re serious about your workouts, and that hydration is serious business.

I have had the original full size set for 20 years. No problems. They are terrific.

Heard back from the vendor about the cylinders.

Per the vendor: The chrome cylinders (adder weights) are included with the Personal Trainer Set.
They each weigh 2.5 lbs. Two come inside each handle, so the set/pair has 4 total.
They allow the user to micro load their weight in 2.5 lb increments.

my brother got these in the late 90s. they have stood up until now without damage but also without being used all that much. my personal opinion is that they seemed like they could break if you dropped them and i did not like how you had to mess with the pin thing that holds the weights. it was easy to have it on a diagonal which would grab the wrong weight. the the cylinders were quick to roll away which is a shame looking at the rest of the design.

??