PowerBlock Personal Trainer Set

This appears to be a decent price for the Trainer Set but I don’t think it’s worth it. I feel that the Bowflex SelectTech 552s are better and easier to quickly switch between weights and since Walmart and Amazon both have them for $219, I don’t think this set is worth the added costs. The only + for the PowerBlock is that the dumbbells change their total size based on the weight you select. This reason does not matter to me and the ease and simplicity of the Bowflex outweighs these positives. I did a lot of research on this and 2 weeks ago pulled the trigger on the Bowflex set. Hope this helps.

Amazon is $259 for the SelecTechs.

Good correction… Amazon and Walmart are back up to $259. Sorry for not checking before posting. They were at that $219 price for the past 2 weeks or so. I still think spending the few extra bucks on the Bowflex set is worth it.

Any commentary on the personal trainer vs. classic variation? Aside from the small price difference. I’m aware the personal trainer cannot expand to >50 lbs, and apparently neither can the classic 50s, but any other thoughts to go one way or the other?

EDIT: see my other post down a few

Why is the Classic set more expensive when this set seem more versatile? The classic set has a range of 10-50 lbs adjustable in 5 lb increments. I must be missing something.

This guy’s page has some really helpful info, as far as his accuracy can be trusted (I’m not sure if he’s an official rep or just enthusiast).

As far as the differences, the only thing I can see is the increments, and that the Personal Trainer set looks like it’s been discontinued. I’m not sure the reason for the price difference either.

Note: I don’t own either set. I’m just a guy off the street with Google.

The Personal Trainer system requires pulling off the plastic side plate and pulling out 2 weight pins to adjust 2.5 or 5lbs (and 7.5 lbs too I’m guessing). That’s a bit annoying.

So your choice is only 5lb quick increment changes with the Classic, or 2.5 lbs increments that require taking off the side of the weight each time with the Personal Trainer version.