PowerPro 2-Stroke 1000-Watt Generator

How do you know it works if you don’t run it?

I use it to power my electric chainsaw or any electric power tool when it’s too far from an electric outlet. I use a 14" electric chainsaw and the generator runs it quite well.

Hey, I’d buy one right now, but you guys are more than 2 weeks out on something else I ordered and haven’t gotten yet …

Given the problems with defective units as described in many reviews buying this here with NO RETURNS allowed could be a BIG MISTAKE.

Yes, I see that order. Please email support@woot.com for assistance. Include your Woot username and order number for faster service.

You can’t return it because it’s a gasoline fueled item. The manufacturer still covers the warranty.

Thanks for the chain saw responses. I see now that it was mentioned early in the discussion as well. Looking forward to trying this out.

I hear you… I’ve been waiting 5 weeks for something that is going straight to Goodwill.
Nothappy

I would order one but I cant get by the sales tax added to my purchase when you are not located in my state. Nothing I buy from big sellers in other states are sales taxed when I buy over the internet. why is woot the exception? why take a concept of selling things for bare bones and then add close to 10% that isn’t legally required? WTF!

did that already with the confirmation #

If Woot/Amazon has a single office or warehouse somehwhere in your state, they are required to charge sales tax. That goes with all online retailers.

Some large stores (like wal-mart) are actually separate business’s from their .com. (ex, walmart stores, and walmart.com are actually two different company’s) and in certain cases, will not have to charge sales tax.

If it weren’t legally required to collect the tax, they simply wouldn’t. Since Woot is owned by Amazon, it’s probably safe to say that Amazon has a warehouse or office in your state somewhere. They may also be required to do so if there are any people in your state that are signed up for and using the Amazon Affiliate program.

You know that even if they dont charge you sales tax, you are supposed to pay it to the state you live in anyway (Use tax). Are you trying to fleece your state?

@casey00001, that’s a mighty thin parts supply - only 5 parts.

Also, per the manual, pages 9 & 12, all of us portable generator users conscientiously ground them via a bar driven into the ground, right? :wink:

The manual does appear to be in easy to read English vs. the Engloese (Englodarin?) often found in these bargain-priced products. And it lists what appears to be a real address in the same town as the Wen mothership.

All said, vs. the Harbor Freight crap, this generator does appear to have a fairly solid company behind it in Wen. They offer a wide range of Wen & Power Pro generators.

@michaelcox86, it could also be this is shipped directly from the vendor’s warehouse… located in your state.

Woot is now required to collect sales tax for orders shipped to AZ, CA, GA, KS, KY, NJ, NY, PA, TX, VA, WA, and WV.

@TT, thanks for that. Especially since it does not include my state.

(We do include a very conservative estimate of online use tax on our state return tho.)

I waited nearly two months on a all purpose cart I purchased and then when i contacted woot I got the answer that they were out of stock and had to refund my money.

I would be cautious buying anything you need from woot,especially large items, their shipping takes a long time, and then if they run out they don’t contact you,they wait for you to contact them to get your money back, i guess they are just so strapped for cash they needed a two month no interest loan from me.

their level of service has definately gone down since the early days, before they sold out!

I build performance 2 strokes and own engine dynos in two locations. I love 2 strokes for what they are good at, generator is not one of them.

For under $100 and if you don’t have to rely on it. Go for it.

Anyone else get one without a serial number? According to the book it is supposed to be above the round metal on the side but mine has nothing there.