Practice Your Texting

Anyone else remember thelittle pictures that used go along with each line that showed the “tall” letters, like “l”, reaching up into the sky, while the “short” letters, like “o”, stayed grounded?

I wish this shirt had those pictures, they were an integral part of my learning-to-write experience.

Next year we’ll learn how to text in cursive!

Really would like to have for my 5 year old daughter since she is currently learning to write with this paper.

Not appropriate though due to “WTF”. I am surprised they printed in the Yough sizes. I don’t mind her wearing communist dinosaurs but this is too much for school.

Thank you for your perfectly cromulent post. It made my day.

Yes, I see LOL written even in business situations. Ughhh.

LOL, ummmmm…speak for yourself!! I actually do write out ‘lol’ on the rare occasion that I am actually writing someone a letter and not texting or emailing!

Yeah – using that here too. My kids are always asking me why I make my lowercase k’s the way I do. (Because that’s the RIGHT way!!)

LOL…and erasing mistakes?? Yeah…there no paper left to write the correction!

That’s why it is a “no buy” for me.

Shame on you, Woot. You should know better than to indirectly-text the lord’s name in vain.

Hate this shirt. Hate this shirt. Hate this shirt!

Don’t know about all of us, but I definitely write mine clockwise… But why not have them for lefties as well? [inserts rousing speech about the overcoming of trials and tribulations by the left-handed of the species, how many lefties are killed or horrifically maimed by right-handed implements in this “handist” society, and little Billy at your local elementary school who just wants to have a chance to use a pair of safety scissors to cut out a turkey in the shape of his hand without cutting off the thumb ::sniffle::] Remember, only you can help poor little Billy in his quest for equality in elementary school supplies. Won’t someone please help him?? :wink:

Anyway…

God, yes… Even in linguistics papers, which surprised me at first. Sadly, before I graduated and left my TA job, I became used to it. (And don’t even get me started on Wikipedia as a “scholarly” source ::facepalm:: )

edit - okay, I fail at BBCode.

My paper was beige/yellow.

“omg.” lol. “wtf” is that all about?

i have a friend that doesent know how to read cursive, same age as me(21)

I am too old for this one! :slight_smile:

Actually, in teaching my children handwriting, I learned that you should make your “o”'s in a counter-clockwise motion so that you are trained for the backwards loops in cursive writing.

I would have bought several of these in a heartbeat if it hadn’t had W T F (your site even changed the initials to waffles when I typed it without spaces!) on it. I don’t think my grandson’s high school would have allowed him to wear it. Too bad it didn’t say IMHO instead. Good try though!

Oh my goodness?

Ah, the Big Chief tablets, with the chunks of wood. And pencils too fat for little hands to hold.

This shirt brings back memories that I’d hoped would be permanently suppressed.