1 2008 Pinot Noir, Monterey County
1 2010 Viognier, Russian River Valley, Sonoma County
1 2007 Merlot, Alexander Valley
1 2007 Lagrein, Central Coast
CT links above

Winery website

Previous offer:
4/15/11

In for 1. Got one the last time around a really enjoyed the viognier. I have yet to try the rest though, if they’re as good as the viognier I will be pretty happy.

I was going to say the same thing. I’d definitely buy four bottles for Voignier since it was fantastic, but I really don’t care for Pinot, and I haven’t tried the others. Voigner was terribly delicious, however.

Lagrein sounds interesting never had one.

Bought two of these last time around, have only cracked open the Merlot and Lagrein so far.

My (somewhat limited) notes:

Lagrein - Grilled mesquite/maple chicken, grilled potatoes, and veggies. Paired pretty well. Our friend who was visiting loved it. Had a second glass after dinner, was much better as a sipper after it opened up.

Merlot - Drank with spinach and garlic ravioli and salad with olive oil vinaigrette. Buttery on the nose, fruity and a little jammy on the first sip, a little bit of oak and slightly acidic as it goes down, with a mellow, buttery finish. Pretty tasty and a relatively good value at just under $13/bottle.

Just cracked one of these on 7/4 from the April offering with a light snack on the 4th. and finished later that week. Took some time to open up but had enough body and acid to pair well with caprese. Got a double then and still have six of the eight or I’d be in for another.

anyone else try these? What made the Viognier soo yummy?

The viognier has subtle melon.undertones. this is a decent buy, merlot fans will love this. Its all about the silaceous soils where the grapes are grown.

It’s mostly dry but it had really dynamic fruit flavors. It’s one of my favorite whites from Wine.Woot this year, next to the Claiborne and Churchill offering and the Wellington Roussane offering. I wish I could use better descriptors, but I fail at wine notes. It was just an enjoyable wine.

Got these in the April offering, enjoyed them all. No detailed tasting notes, so I decided I’d better click the stupidly large button to get another four bottles so I can remedy this. Gosh, what a shame.

Looks like Cesare missed the link to the previous offering, so here y’all go:

4/15/11

(I’m sure this was just a simple oversight after a tiring day of WW’ing… after all, he is our link ninja!)

If these are so good, why are they languishing? I can’t $$$ towards wine right now, or I would from the above reviews.

I gave in…I hope I wont be disappointed.

Should the RS bug me? I’m not a sweet fan.

Nice participation from the winery last time around. In for 1. Would have been 2 if not for buying the 5-pack of Pinot Noir earlier.

I’m just started to develop a taste for wine and trying to experiment with different varieties to see what I like. This seems like a pretty good way to do that without going broke. Can anyone comment on how these are for a jumping-off point for a wine newbie?

alright! looks like a 2 day wine woot-off!!

Looks like this will be up a while with it being late at night and moving so slow… time for bed shortly.

What makes you think so?