Prayers Requested

I envision a message thread for prayer requests. You can ask for prayers for someone you know or even ask for yourself.

No replies are needed.

Just post a request if you need a prayer.

I would like a prayer for my wife’s friend Wilma, whose husband died on Wednesday.

I would like a prayer for our friend Eileen who found out on Wednesday that she has uterine cancer. She’s in good spirits so far.

Thanks in advance.

Understand you do not need a response, but Eileen and Wilma will be in my thouhts and prayers.

I sure didn’t think I would be adding another request so soon.

My father suffered what they believe to be a TIA or mini stroke today. His speech is not slurred now, just slower. He regained strength in his right leg but not his right arm (yet?).

I think you need a response. Prayers and thoughts for all three.

Haven’t seen you around in a long time. Prayers and hugs for all.

Thanks, everyone :slight_smile: I deeply appreciate it.

Our friend, Eileen, found out yesterday that the uterine cancer has not spread. Woo hoo! She is scheduled for a histerectomy on Monday, so we’re hoping that will be the end of that.

Good news.

I have a friend resting in a high risk pregnancy ward trying to keep her first son from being born too soon. They had the contractions stopped only to have them start back up again last night. They can not continue the medication she is on for long. She is due Aug 23rd, so the longer they can keep the baby in his proper place the better. Her name is Miri, and the baby is Gabriel John.

My friend above, has had her water break. She is 22 weeks 6 days. They gave her lung building steroids this morning to help the baby possibly have a fighting chance, but 24 weeks is the barrier that everyone likes to talk about for which babies can reasonably survive. Please pray for this little family. I will update this post later, as I get more information.

Update: Baby Gabriel John was born just before midnight and has been taken to the NICU. He is 1lb 7oz and has a very long journey ahead of him.

[QUOTE=KtCallista, post:10, topic:350833]
My friend above, has had her water break. She is 22 weeks 6 days. They gave her lung building steroids this morning to help the baby possibly have a fighting chance, but 24 weeks is the barrier that everyone likes to talk about for which babies can reasonably survive. Please pray for this little family. I will update this post later, as I get more information.

Update: Baby Gabriel John was born just before midnight and has been taken to the NICU. He is 1lb 7oz and has a very long journey ahead of him.[/quo

He and his entire family are and will be in my prayers.

Praying for all!

praying

Not to be hogging this thread, but another friend has asked for prayers. She has just left to the hospital for an emergency c-section. She has been having a rough pregnancy with her 10th child and is now too weak to continue the pregnancy. I believe the baby is close to full term and should be fine, although the mother does carry some genetic problems that are manifest in a couple of her sons. Please pray that this baby girl is healthy and that the Mom makes it through this intense surgical procedure and heals quickly. She has so many people depending on her and is an amazing woman.

KtC, how are you two babies and moms doing?

Friend and Baby Girl (Felicity) were released and went home yesterday evening. Mom is to stay on rest for a while, but was free to go home. With 10 kids now I’m not sure how she will rest, but I really hope she finds a way. Brighton (the immediately older brother who has medical complications) had to be taken into the hospital to get his GJ (feeding tube) fixed yesterday before his Mom and sister came home (children’s hospital). He has been regressing the last couple months, so I know that is hard on everyone. His older brother Jackson has begun eating orally for the first time in his life, and is doing really well.

Gabriel’s Mom is home. Gabriel is still in an incubator where he will hopefully continue to grow for several more months. He had some ventilator issues the last couple days, but they seem to be worked out as of 14 hours ago (last caringbridge update). He is now a week old.

My thoughts and prayers will be with them all.

Baby Korbin is 9 months old and has cancer. He was just diagnosed in the last week or two and is receiving chemo. He is from my little town in NC.

Got it.

That is so sad. Will do.