Prayers Requested

So very sorry - added to my prayer list.

Baby Korbin has stage 4s cancer. He seems to be getting a little better. He is breathing better so they are trying to remove the ventilator.

Stage 4-S Cancer:
Stage 4-S: The “S” stands for “special.” These tumors are unique in that they often disappear on their own (spontaneous regression) without any treatment. Must meet special criteria:

Child must be less than 12 months of age.

Localized primary tumor that has spread only to the skin, lymph nodes or liver. Very small amounts of tumor may be seen in the bone marrow, but the disease cannot involve the outer portion of the bone (cortex).
From www.curesearch.org

Praying

General prayers heading your way and a special request to St. Peregrine for your friend Eileen.

Baby Korbin’s chemo is working! Please keep praying for him! The tumor is reduced by 20% after only 1 chemo treatment.

I know I’m not posting much any more but I figure it’s time to get some stuff out. So you, dear reader, get to by my shrink. :wink:

My dad had stomach cancer at the beginning of last year. He had surgery and they removed 75% of his stomach. They did say that they got all of the cancer cells out of his body and he was good to go as far as that was concerned but he need to keep seeing his doctor to check up on the cancer. He lost a lot of weight afterwards because he couldn’t eat and his body wasn’t handling it well. He finally started eating again a few months later and settled in on a fairly good weight.

Since then, he has had a rough go of it. He wasn’t up and walking very much so he was losing his muscles that he needed to be up and around. So in December of last year he fell and broke his hip. That was no good. He has been doing a little bit of rehab, but it hasn’t helped him much since then. In February, he went back to the doctor and had a PT scan which revealed that the cancer was coming back. They did some more chemo, but since he is in such a weakened state, he isn’t strong enough to take the full dosage of chemo that he needs to help fight the cancer cells.

That brings me to last week when he went back to get another scan. Unfortunately, it revealed that the cancer sells were spreading and that he really needed the strong stuff plus radiation to attack the cancer. The doctor recommended against it though, because it would probably just end up killing him faster than if they just let it go. Understandably, my dad didn’t take the news too well.

I hope you can just think about him and pray for him. I don’t want him to suffer through all of the pain, but I’m also not ready for him to give up. Just pray that he can keep his spirits up and keep living like he has lots of time to live because he does still have plenty of time to do what ever he wants to do with his life.

And as a second request, my poor puppy Rustin has seen better days. We got him in 2005 and I’ve loved him ever since. He is currently living with my sister with his best friend Maggie. He isn’t walking very well any more. He is basically dragging his back legs to get to where he wants to go. My sis took him to the vet. They said that his back legs were paralyzed. They think it is either a slipped disc or a tumor. They gave him some steroids in the hope that it would get him up and moving, but we aren’t sure if that is going to work. Sis and I have agreed that if he starts to suffer, it’s time to let him go on to doggie heaven. We think he is about 13 right now, but that may be a year or two off.

I’m still holding out hope that he’ll start walking again, but I don’t know if he will or not.

I know it may be silly but I hope you can send some prayers to my puppy. I know you pet owners will understand.

Thanks
Cruzer

cruzer, all my thoughts and prayers are for your dad and your family . . . and of course, Rustin.

Prayers for you, your family, and your puppy, Cruzer. (my Rowdy had the same thing happen to him as your Rustin, he lived to be 14 human years).

Update: Felicity and her Mom are doing well. Mom is still really weak, and can only make it up and down the stairs at home once a day or so. She’s still mostly on bed rest. Brighton has started to accept his baby sister as a sibling and not a threat, and there is hope that older brother Jackson may be able to eat solid foods and finally after 4 years be able to get rid of his G-tube, which leads to him taking it out occasionally and that is a problem.

Baby Gabriel is still in NICU he has gained 80grams, they’ve experimented putting him on a CPAP, but had to intubate him again. Mom and Dad are hanging tough with a regular visiting schedule, and Mom has returned to work at the zoo. They do have a public Caring Bridge page if anyone would like to follow their story. – and his Mommy is holding him for kangaroo care!!! This is a major achievement, she hasn’t held him skin to skin at all before!

prayers and healing energy to all

Cruzer, so sorry. Thoughts and prayers will be with you every day. Please keep us posted on both of them and any time you want to vent about it, we’re here.

Praying for you Cruzer, your Dad and the rest of your family including Rustin. It really helps to talk, so talk away. You know we care. Hugs.

Your dad, you, your family as well as your dog will be in my prayers.
As you know that the people here are very supportive and will be a good sounding board when you’re going through the rough stuff. I know they’ve helped me more than they know.

So sorry to hear about your dad.
Will be praying for him.

As for Rustin, if he isn’t in pain, can he get one of those wheel things for his back legs? I’ve seen pictures of it more than once. If the dog is OK other wise, they seem to do well with it.

Just remember, we are your internet family and are here for you if you need us.

Do you really think we would bust your chops so much about thank you cards if we didn’t consider you family???

Cruzer, I am praying that your Dad will find strength to be able to life pain-free and enjoy the time he has left. Also Rustin is in my prayers - I had a Doxie that did recuperate from a back injury when the vet said he would not - years ago - we carried him everywhere. The odds of that happening we were told are 0 to none, but as long as he was not in pain, he was happy. It was around the time that Jack Parr’s dog (you are way too young to remember him - a ToNight Show host in my earlier years, - his doxie had a cart such as Dname mentions and got along well with it. Back to your Dad, it is good if he has things to look forward to and anticipate joy. Once that goes and they sort of give up, it is pretty hard. Wishes and hugs

Prayers going to the family - they need every bit of strength they can muster.

Thank you, Felicity is back in the hospital waiting on lab tests, she is failure to thrive.

Please pray for Cruzer et al as well, he’s got a full plate of prayer needs and then some!

Thoughts and prayers to all.

Cruzer, hang in there. We’re here if you need us.

Thanks for all of your prayers for Rustin.

My sister took him to the park and let him enjoy the outdoors one last time.

I was on my way up to say a final goodbye before we put him down when he said that he didn’t want to go out that way. He decided that the park was the best place to go. He went peacefully.

I am so sorry to hear of your loss, but glad it was peaceful.

Sorry you didn’t get a chance to say good-bye, but so much better for Rustin this way. I’ll be thinking of you.