Pre-Thanksgiving: Prepping Your Thanks

I just received my Regal Ware 12Qt Covered Stock Pot. The dimensions on the site said it is 11" H x 15" W. The pot is nowhere near that size, even with the lid added into the measurements. I may have to return it because I really needed the size I thought it would be.

“not recommended for” vs “will break the sh*t out of” induction cooktops.
Everything I’ve gather points to: as long as the bottom of the pan is smooth and does not have sharp edges/ridges, it is safe to use on ceramic/induction cooktops.
The rules are:

1. Do not slide the cast iron around
  2. Do not slam the cast iron down

Anyone have experience with this particular pan on a ceramic cooktop? Is the ridge around the bottom smooth enough or is a completely flat(NO ridges) still the best way to go?
I have an old Lodge and just moved into a place with ceramic. The lodge is well-seasoned but the bottom is a series of sharp, concentric ridges. Nothing like what looks like a single smooth ridge.

sorry for any confusion. the dimensions given were probably for the size of the package itself.

i have to further apologize because i’m not sure whether CS can take it back. our FAQ says:
Will I receive customer support like I’m used to?
Not quite. If you buy something you don’t end up liking or you have what marketing people call “buyer’s remorse,” sell it on Craigslist or at a garage sale. It’s likely you’ll make money doing this and save everyone a hassle. If the item doesn’t work, first, find out what you’re doing wrong. Yes, we know you think the item is bad, but it’s probably your fault. Google your problem, or come back to that product discussion in our community and ask other people if they know. Try to call the manufacturer and ask if they know. If you give up and must return it to us, then follow on to the next FAQ entry.

but do send an email to support@woot.com & tell them about the situation. it’s worth a shot.

It looks as if it will hold twelve quarts. Do you need a larger volume than that?

Actually, no. The height of the pot is much more important than the overall volume. I bought this pot to use for a hot water canning bath. I need the height in order to cover the size jars I use. This pot is simply too short to meet my needs. Had it been 11" H as stated, it would have been perfect.

Your right, I must have misread the specs. Oh well.

quote postid=“5238841” user=“mariemorris”]Do you have a link? The only hit I’m getting on Amazon for this exact model number is this:
http://www.amazon.com/Cuisinart-7117-135-Classic-Stainless-Lasagna/dp/B005H05SXC

From the Amazon description, the non-handled dimensions seem to be 13.5 x 10.5 x 4; sound correct, Woot staff?
[/quote]