Premium Lightly Salted California Pistachios

Premium Lightly Salted California Pistachios
$22.99 + $5 shipping
CONDITION: 32oz Bag
PRODUCT: 2 32oz Bag Wonderful Pistachios Premium Lightly Salted California Pistachios

Waiting for Candybasket sea salt caramels~been a year now. WE NEED THEM!!!

Pretty sure you can get these for less at the grocery store.

yummy
but i will stick with bulk for 6 a lb
9 for meats

$0.47/ounce on Amazon (w/o shipping)
$0.43/ounce on wine.woot (with Shipping)

http://www.amazon.com/Wonderful-Pistachios-32-Ounce-Bags/dp/B003P7ZMXA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1323087730&sr=8-1

I saved 4 cents per ounce.

Better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick.

I was almost in for one. With the holiday season though I think these go on and off sale regularly for somewhere between $7.99-$9.99 at the regular grocery store. I could be thinking of a smaller bag though truth be told, but I’m fairly certain it’s the 32 oz. bag for this price.

BJ’s for $6.99/lb regular price.

actually the price is great.
but I prefer bulk as I can get meats only

I almost bought them as I love pistachio’s
if they were hickory or red dye I would have jumped and bought them

Shipping kills the deal. Local fruit market sells bulk for the same price ($7/lb) and Kroger had a deal of 2 10 oz bags for $7 ($5.60/lb)

I purchased this during the last woot-off and was very pleased with the quality. Count me in for another!

Common questions from the last w00t off on November 8th:

Storage:
From http://www.pistachiohealth.com/consumer/faq/what-best-way-store-pistachios

Pistachios absorb moisture from the air and will become stale if improperly stored. Keep pistachios in an airtight container in the refrigerator or freezer to maintain freshness. In-shell pistachios will remain fresh for up to one year from the date of production, while shelled pistachios are best eaten within four months for maximum flavor. When thawing frozen pistachios, place them in a plastic bag to prevent the formation of condensation

Defects (Thanks to Mike808):
From the FDA Sanitation standards:
Unshelled Pistachios can have up to 10% defects and still be considered “safe” for consumption. Among defects - insect infestation. It is 5% for shelled. So, shelled pistachios have half the insect infestation of unshelled! Yay!

Sorry woot, 64oz at Costco for under $20.

$9.99 per pound at Meijer.
X 4 pounds

~$40.00 at Meijer

Its a good deal from where I shop.

Sam’s has 3 lb. for $16. That’s a good bit cheaper than 4 lb. for $28. Same brand, too. But YMMV.

Why? Why on so early. ;( I wanted these. 2x or more locally and no way as fresh. Gave a bag last year to my letter carrier and she hinted she wanted more.

Last time these were offered (possibly on regular woot) people came up with a lot of places to get them cheaper. Check that thread, early november some time.