Premium White Label 2TB 3.5" SATA Drive

Last time I ordered 3 Factory Reconditioned hard drives, none of them were Factory Reconditioned, all of them were used according to the SMART test, very little on/off count but 3+ years of power on time. Woot replaced them, the replacements were even worse than the ones I first received.

i’ve ordered Factory Reconditioned hard drives before, from Newegg, SMART test showed 2 on/off count and 0 power on hours.

The hard drives woot sells will work, that’s if they learn to properly pack them (usually ship with no padding or protection of any kind), but there not Factory Reconditioned their Used

These will be factory reconditioned. If you think that they’re not, please email into our support team! We’d be happy to figure out what’s happening. You will have a 90 day Woot warranty with us on this one, and you can read more about that here.

Anyone know what " Premium White Label" means? Is it WD?

Could be Maxtor someone found in an old warehouse…

I wholeheartedly agree with the above. I ordered 3 “Factory Reconditioned” drives from Woot the last go around. These were used pulled drives and not reconditioned in extremely poor condition. Woot also provides the worst packing imaginable for hard drives. All 3 drives were shipped in a thin cardboard foldover envelope, much like you would ship a thin book in.

Woot also took nearly 2 weeks to ship these orders, and when received they rattled like tin cans due to lack of packaging.

All 3 drives were DOA. A month later and I’m still waiting for refund.

Run! And run away fast from ever buying refurbished hard drives from woot. Your data and sanity are worth more than the minimal savings you’ll get from Woot on these deals.

Unless you have a system image of the PC configuration you want to put on these drives, it takes a fair amount of effort to install and configure a hard drive.

Is the risk of a lemon drive (refurb) worth saving 10-20 bucks vs. new with all that effort?

Inexpensive new drives are readily available.

Example 1TB WD (Blue) 7200 RPM $39 Microcenter - Finally back to manufactured in (post-flood) Thailand.

Quantum!

@bluemaple: $10-20? Newegg has a 4TB new seagate at the exact same 129.99.

Refurb aside, these drives are all old (SATA 2, probably) and slow (7200 RPM). Granted, you could RAID a pair of 'em and see some performance that way… I dunno…

Oh, yeah - why hasn’t Woot learned that the real value is in 4 units for these kinds of deals?

How sketchy is is that the part number they give for the drive only has one google search hit, and it is for this very sale…