Presenting the first Woot! romance novel.

Here you can keep up with Nebraska Antoinette Murphy and her multiple beaus!

Have you been watching the LIVE readings of “Heart as Big as the Nebraska Sky” on Twitch?

Your LAST chance is Thursday, May 21st @ 8:00pm CT!

Watch a 1min preview of the two previous streams HERE!

Watch the last stream HERE

THE GAG: Woot! Writer Matt is narrating his stream of consciousness, in-progress novel, with a new Chapter each week! The rules are as that he has to write the entire chapter in a single sitting using voice recognition software, and he cannot reread the chapter until he reads it live. It’s a thrill for everyone involved, the grammar is abysmal.

4 Likes

A review of Chapter 1:
“Nebby” Murphy, heir to the Murphy’s Pub fortune, is out on the horse range:

As I raced along the horse range, I felt Garbo’s pulse quicken, in time with my own. We raced and raced, and then raced some more long into the golden hours of sunset. She could produce quite a lather did my girl, so I just knew I’d have to hose her down as soon as we returned to the horse kennel.

Suddenly, she runs into Scott Owen Scot of the Hartford Scots. Spoiler Alert: He’s naughty and Nebby swoons!

“Well I am certainly not touching that with a 10 foot pole anytime soon,” I stammered at him, and as my peach gloss lips blabberred along, a single diamond of spittle shot off my lower lobe of my lip and for a moment, just for one God-loving moment, but it was framed in sunlight between us; our gaze walking through it as if on another plane of love’s existence. Now now, Nebraska Antoinette Murphy, you come to your senses right now, silly dilly!

Suddenly, she runs into Samson, her trusted family laborer who Suddenly has a new farm hand, the rugged Gully:

His offbrand dungarees were as unstyled as two blue stovepipes and his utter disregard for what he might look like to women ignited a deep maternal instinct in me and instantly I could see us shopping, at farmers markets, leasing a car, naming our children. Screeching halt noise there, Nebby, have you gone plum dang out of your dang plum mind? You are a Manhattan socialite hand shouldn’t get twitter pated at the Help!

4 Likes

I’m looking forward to another story part. Thanks for doing this, Matt.

4 Likes

Hooray! Someone watched! :star_struck: Thanks for tuning in, @peaceetc !!!

3 Likes

Finally someone explained what that was.

If the star of the show is present I’ll probably watch some.

3 Likes

The star? Oh, you mean my dog, Ruby :slight_smile: Yup, she’ll be present!!!

4 Likes

Ruby needs more stage time. We LOVE Ruby. How about giving us a whole hour where we can just watch Ruby sleep on the couch? (Sorry, Matt.)

3 Likes

Great idea for a spin-off! :slight_smile: I’ll sign off tonight and just leave the cam on her snoozing.

She honestly just hopped up and stayed there for the first stream!!!
(thx so much for watching, btw!!!)

3 Likes

I really enjoy your readings. Maybe I’ll even sign in and make snarky comments some day.

2 Likes

Yes. The story is like a carbohydrate.

3 Likes

I missed most of it and didn’t know what was going on. But am I wrong imagining this is like a really awful steel magnolias or is that too modern?

3 Likes

I missed the first week but Matt did a brief recap at the start of the second week. Just know that Nebraska meets a lot of guys, there are flashbacks within flashbacks, and Nebraska’s name changes periodically.

4 Likes

I’m going to the drive-in and can’t watch! NOOOOOOO! Someone will have to give me a recap. Stupid 1917 won’t hold a candle to Nebraska Antoinette Murphy.

4 Likes

Oh ABSOLUTELY a great reference :slight_smile:

“Mah colors are Blush and Bashful…”
“Her colors are Pink and Pink!”

2 Likes

Wooooah! 1917 on a big Drive-in screen? GONNA BE EPIC

3 Likes

It’s more of a small screen drive-in but I can buy popcorn so that’s a plus.

3 Likes

How much vanilla vodka do I need to put in my cola for this? Should I get the big sippy cup?

I’m totally making popcorn.

What is everyone going to wear? I’m so excited!

3 Likes

You may need a bucket for that drink.

As for viewing attire, I plan on wearing my best pajama pants and my finest worn-out Woot shirt.

4 Likes

I have the popcorn!

4 Likes