Prevention Blood Pressure Monitor

Is this any good? My friend used to have one…

Happy Pi Day! 3/14 WOOT!

http://www.woot.com/forums/emoticons/emotion-19.gif

useful linkage bloggeration its there… you knew it… but what’s the with the product today?.. i’m still trying to get a grip on it…

Note: This post contains pricing information for future reference because it is generally not available elsewhere once the next Woot has been offered.

Prevention Blood Pressure Monitor
$34.99 + $5 shipping
condition: New
product(s):
1 Prevention Blood Pressure Monitor DS-1902PV
1 6-Month subscription to Prevention Magazine

my dad has high blood pressure and goes through these monitors like crazy, ill take 2!

i think i’ll get one for the office :slight_smile: maybe my boss will realize some things…

Anyone know if this is better than the previous units offered from with were the cuff is mounted to the device for the wrist.

Froogle

(Mod’s note: Don’t use quotes in the link. =P)

I had the wrist one from woot for $19.95, that one was great and cool. I’ll probably wait for that one to come back.

“Instructions in English, French and Spanish” - But what about the numbers?

What does it prevent, 'zactly?
I liked the other wrist-mounted ones from Omni-whatever that WOOT had a few times. This looks like it will just get wrecked

I do EMS for a living and personally I never trust an auto P/B Cuff. I may be old fashoned but I like the audiable and palpate checking. Good night wooters

How’d you guys get suckered into this one?!

I got my dear old MOM the wrist mounted BP cuff during a WOOT OFF. It works well. For my money, I’d go with something easy to put on with one hand. If someone has to help you, you’d be less likely to use it. I take blood pressures for a living, and a standard cuff generally takes TWO HANDS to put on correctly.

So if you (or a loved one) live alone, this might be a bit more difficult to use.

I got this exact same model from Fry’s about 3 months ago for $39.99 with a $15 rebate. No subscription. Works okay I guess for a blood pressure monitor. Still waiting on my rebate.

in for 1, never hurts to keep track of your heart!!

meh. not bad deal, not good deal. Can’t find this bramd to compare,but I’ve picked up a ReliOn 741CREL for under $30. It is an arm unit as well.

most shops will do yuor bp for free if you can wait for a nurse, most pharmacies and grocery marts have a unit sitting near their pharmacy area as well.

I would think if your doc tells ya you need to be watching your bp, you would go get a unit and do that and not sit around thinking. ‘yeah… I’ll just wait for woot! to put one up and grab that one’.

How do French or Spanish numbers differ from English ones?

THAT’S NOT A “BLOOD PRESSURE MONITOR”! IT’S A SPHYGMOMANOMETER. YES, IT MONITORS BLOOD PRESSURE, BUT THAT’S NOT WHAT IT’S CALLED! NEXT THING YOU KNOW THEY’LL BE REFERRING TO THE GAS MILEAGE ON MY CAR THAT RUNS ON DIESEL! IT’S “FUEL ECONOMY” DAMN IT!