Prime Exclusive! 10% off on the Woot! app on 11/26

Negative.

Tried even changing payment method and address and didn’t work

2 Likes

To add to what pepper wrote, please also make sure you’re looking at the final checkout screen with the ‘place order’ button on it.

And, of course, that you’re using the app. I’ve made that mistake before. :slight_smile:

(Please note: I don’t work for Woot, I just volunteer to help out here on the forums.)

3 Likes

Yeah I’m not sure what else they could try. Maybe blow on it? Wiggle the ears? Jiggle the handle?

Check to see if the app needs updated?

4 Likes

Actually, clearing the Woot app from memory and restarting it might help.

3 Likes

Thank you for volunteering and helping us

1 Like

You’re welcome. :smiley:

Same here… all damn afternoon.

But before even getting that far, i got repeated crash loops over and over.

1. Add to cart
  2. Uh, you’re logged out. Log in again.
  3. Log in again, add to cart
  4. Get “How rude! Something went wrong.” page with nowhere to navigate from there.
  5. Dismiss app and go back in
  6. Log in again
  7. Add to cart again
  8. Get “Webpage not available” from wantone.woot.com pageload attempt
  9. Go To 1

And, yes, I have screenshots.

After hours of this, it finally “worked” for one item but, get this: no f*cking discount.

(To which the Woot monkeys reply, “Winning!”, but they’ll lose more than the 10% processing the return I’ll initiate to protest this app crap.

The apo is so effed up tonight, i have to write this from a separate device because the (cr)app can’t even load a Forums page tonight.)

2 Likes

Please give the technical reason why this alone should work. That should only work if there is a known bug for which this is a workaround. If that’s the case, it would be much more helpful for them to fix the app once than make all of us chase workarounds individually.

P.S.: it’s the first thing i tried, anyway.

Because old data can be cached in the app. I’ve had that happen with a variety of apps, not just Woot. It’s a standard troubleshooting suggestion with phone apps.

(Please note: I don’t work for Woot, I just volunteer to help out here on the forums.)

1 Like

Merely dismissing the app does not clear the cache.

1 Like

It would be nice if they had support staff available when promos run and stuff doesn’t work as designed.

Exactly! But on Android, merely dismissing the app card doesn’t fix the cache.

That’s why the app-only deals are so obnoxious. Using a browser, I can clear the damn cache manually.

Now, a question:
I got an email that (instead of getting the promised discount) Woot’s giving me a free shirt. When I return the item (because I didn’t get the discount), can i keep the shirt, or will I be charged full price for it, too?

1 Like

You can message their staff in the third world.

Texas.