Primefit Home Air Compressor Kit

Hey Woot, mind posting this back up on Thursday when I get paid? Thanks.

Your Friend,
bhcompy

Is this good for powering an impact driver/drill to loosen/tighten car lug nuts and other high torque activities?

I just bought a similar machine about two weeks ago…should have waited! I paid $160 plus tax for mine and it came with no accessories and it’s not nearly as nice as this one. If you need a small compressor (and you will), this one deserves your consideration.

Previous woot was $20 more at $129.99. I won’t post comments from it for now:

http://home.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?postid=4949799

Costco has a video, thought it appears to include tools, too.

The rest of costco’s site is down until 5am

$189 @ Sears. Good price.

http://www.sears.com/prime-fit-cmk1004-portable-6-gallon-air-compressor-with-5/p-00935443000P

Another version comes with tools, such as the impact wrench. So, I hope it is powerful enough!

This unit will power an impact driver with ease. Just look at the CFM the compressor puts out and match that with the requirements stated in any air tool you may buy. If the flow requirements are not greater than the compressor’s CFM, then you’re good to go.

“ETL Listed to UL and CSA Safety Standards”
Holy cr@p, when did the Confederate States of America start issuing safety standards?!

Who the heck is Primefit? It doesn’t seem to be a company known for air compressors. This unit is also sold by Sears, so at least getting it serviced shouldn’t be an issue. The 6 gallon reservoir and accessory kit are a big plus, but the thing looks huge. According to the Sears web site it weighs 55 pounds, so I guess having wheels is a really good idea. I think I’ll stick with my 1 gallon Porter-Cable 135PSI trim compressor, which only weighs 29 pounds (and which cost me less).

I still think this is perfect if you don’t have a lot of room.

Man, Remember when jseureau used to post around here? Don’t seem him around as much anymore…

That’s the Canadian Standards Agency, eh?

Sometime after the Hunley, I’m guessing.

I wonder if this air compressor system would work well in a vehicle to power train horns? The vehicle would need an inverter to convert the 12V power from the battery/alternator to the compressor.
It would sure pump air faster than an oil-less 12V compressor, and probably last longer.

Does anyone know the size of the ports on the tank and on the pump and if they are NPT spec?

From the specs, 13A. So multiply that out by 120V, and it’ll need 1560w; an 1800w inverter goes for $380 … wiring, a bigger (or separate) battery … yeah, I don’t think you want to do this.

Humor the ignorant among us: Average skill saw, regular drill (Not some mini, a full sized basic drill) and for how long before it needs… whatever it needs!!

This thing is only rated at 3.5CFM @ 90psi, you’ll have a hard time finding a decent impact that will run on that, as most I can find are at least 4CFM+.

That said, it might work out just fine, but it definitely won’t have the force to remove stubborn lugnuts.

With that rating and only a 6 gal tank, this is more targeted towards home owners who don’t really “need” a compressor, but would like to do a little (and I mean little) sanding/grinding, and pumping up car tires.

Well I already have a 2000w inverter (bought it off Craigslist from a trucker) wired into my Civic and a 160A alternator so I’m good to go.

Better to save your money and buy electric tools.

The electric 1/2 impact at Harbor Freight jumps all over these small compressors and cheap impact wrenches. Even my cordless Ryobi 1/2 impact out-performs several air impacts on a small compressor like this.

The tank is too small to do any pro-longed sanding or cleaning. Air hammer is the same way… air runs out too fast.

The only thing I like my 10 gallon portable for is filling tires, hitting computer fans or the interior of the car with air, and the occasional use of my air ratchet.