Primula Perfect Blend 32oz Teapot w/ Filtering Spout and Flowering Tea Variety Pack

Will the loose teas plug the filter? causing it to dribble rather than pour???

A great set that I bought for my mother from a previous Woot. My only complaint is the “filter;” it has pretty big holes, so if you can’t stand bits in your tea, be sure you have a small strainer or something to go with it. Then again, the holes seem to be hand-made, so YMMV.

These teas flower beautifully. Here’s an example of my own.

Years ago a friend suggested I try tea*, for some sleeping issues and just relaxation in general. Still never have, but I do want to…but just can’t justify the price of this right now. I’ll just hope I can count on Woot to put this up again sometime in the future when I may be more willing to take the plunge!

*My parents were strictly coffee people. Tea was just something I heard about that British people drank, we certainly never had any in the house. Of course, I don’t drink coffee, either…

where can you get tea refills if you’re not in a big city?

My wife loves tea, she drinks it all day long and with every meal. I was thinking that this would make a perfect little, kind of romantic Valentine gift. The look is very nice, and the blooming of the tea and flower, almost magical.

Another Chinese Junk, maybe worth .50c or a $1

amazon.com! :slight_smile:

Got a smaller version with like 12 tea flowers on HSN for $36 after tax and s/h. It was a hit on Christmas day w/ a coolness factor of 7.

You can get refills on HSN and I guess Amazon. Like $10. Sorry no time for link serching. You can use the pot for regular bag tea too.

It looks great, but I just bought my wife a range with a ceramic cooktop and everything I read suggests staying away from glass cookware:

From the manual:

GLASS - Slow heat conductor. Not recommended for ceramic cooktop surfaces because it may scratch the glass.

and from other sites:

Also avoid purchasing glass, ceramic, earthenware and glazed cookware for your cooktop. These types of cookware often cannot withstand the sudden temperature changes caused by ceramic glass cooktops, and may crack or break with normal use.

If I did purchase I’d at least never use it on the “Quick Boil” setting…

Here are a few more comments about the pot from Amazon in a gift set:
http://www.amazon.com/Primula-PTA-4446-Your-Perfect-Blend/dp/B001FB6IIQ

We gave this set (from another vendor without seeing reviews) to a coffee addict friend whose doctor suggested a caffeine reduction. He was impressed with the tea pot - but not positively. As with a few of these reviews, he felt the quality was poor.

As a replacement we got him this one from Amazon which got better reviews and is much better made: http://www.amazon.com/Primula-Flowering-40-Ounce-Loose-Variety/dp/B001QXD53E/ref=cm_cr_pr_sims_t

It’s good, and this woot is cheaper than the last wooting at $40 because there are no glass storage jars with is, and less flowering tea. LAst time it was flowering jasmine tea: this time it’s flowering black teas and things. Also good teas though I’m sure you’ll find.

I bought this last time (3xwoot!) and I still have HUGE amounts of tea left! Looking forward to it, and even my picky sister (also English) thinks it’s very good indeed. It is not a kettle. Glass breaks on hobs people!

The woot before that!

OK–maybe we’re stupid–How does the boiling hot water NOT kill the tea-flower in the pot when you brew/steep this? Or do you have to keep growing a garden full of tea plants (with flowers) to cut and put in the pot every time you brew a pot to be cool? --we read the wiki now. nevermind. We KNEW it was too good to be true.

I have several of these and LOVE them. They bloom beautifully and I have set them up for photo ops. They are great tasting and beautiful.

here’s mine

Does anyone know if the tea is all-natural? Would love to buy one for my wife AND daughter, but neither would drink artifical flavors or colors. Thanks!

bought this during a woot off last year. The workmanship on the pot is terrible. While it looks nice, the silicon ring that is on the lids is installed crookedly and makes the lid difficult to replace and remove. You have to use a bit of force to do so and I’m always afraid that I might break the lid. I also have a problem with the pot dribbling everytime I pour. I tried contacting both woot and the company but never heard back from either of them.

You don’t boil the water in the pot, you add boiling water to the pot when making tea. Yes, this means you need another pot in which to boil water.

I purchased this set a few months back to find out that the teas were just about to expire. I said to myself, “how am i supposed to drink all this tea in two weeks!!!” Very disappointing

Ok never have I seen something go this wrong on Woot. I bought one of these at my local grocery store which is a local chain. It was $19.99 no shipping no waiting. The tea was not that great. But it was really cool to look at, at first then it looks kinda funky after it sits for a bit. If you are using this to have tea with your friends or someone you want to impress let it do its little flower type show dump some tea and get it the heck out of there because it gets funky after about an hour.

Does the stem filter come out for cleaning? Is it tough to clean?