private messages

is there some place on the forum that tells us that we have private messages?

I might have missed it, but an email notification would be helpful too.

[quote user=“cruzer”]is there some place on the forum that tells us that we have private messages?

I might have missed it, but an email notification would be helpful too.

[/quote]go under my fourms then to the private messages tab.

yes I know where they are, I just thought there might be some flashy javascript pop up message or some sort of icon next to my login name that would tell me that I had a new private message.

or an email letting me know that I had one.

I agree! I’m waiting for someone to check his private messages. May have to ask on the forums because everyone does not check often like I do.

[quote user=“cruzer”]yes I know where they are, I just thought there might be some flashy javascript pop up message or some sort of icon next to my login name that would tell me that I had a new private message.

or an email letting me know that I had one.[/quote]
yeah, i think that’s on the to-do list for the codeslaves as well.
definitely need some sort of notification there.

yep, some how I can get an email letting me know that someone replied to this thread but not when I get a private message. I’m pretty sure both features are pretty standard and any kind of forum, just haven’t found it yet on here.

Yup, try the setting @ the bottom of your PM page. Just like in the forums, there’s a box of options at the bottom of the page with a setting for “send e-mail when new topics are posted”, which seems like it would do the trick.

ok I’ll see if that helps…now, I just need to figure out why I’m still getting emails when people post in the particular thread. that’s not annoying or anything.

You mean that you’re getting unrequested e-mails?

yep, I get an email every time someone replies to this thread, only this one though, there’s gotta be a setting some where that I changed. I just don’t know where or what it is.

the email that I get say tell me to do this to turn it off:

To unsubscribe, either:

1. Visit the above URL and deselect ‘Email me when someone replies…’
  2. Visit your user profile page and uncheck ‘Enable email tracking’

well, I see neither, so I just turned off emails completely for now.

[quote user=“cruzer”]yep, I get an email every time someone replies to this thread, only this one though, there’s gotta be a setting some where that I changed. I just don’t know where or what it is.
[/quote]

I wish I had known that before [;)]

yeah I no longer get them any more, so its useless now, but if you keep talking so will I. [:)]

Sorry, had to work. You were saying?

Hmmm, I set the filter to e-mail me when I received a pm, but I got a pm…no e-mail. Oh well.

yep, something is still up, because I told it to STOP emailing me, but it still does…ugh!

So, everytime someone posts in this thread, you get an email?

Every single time?

Whoa. That must get annoying.

I’m sure that if it gets annoying enough, you’ll find a way to fix it.

Or change email addresses.