Pro-Form Strapless Heart Rate Monitor and Step Pro Pedometer Bundle

Where do you see a strap anywhere? There isn’t one in the photos or in the list of contents?

no chest strap required

I believe he’s referring the wristband for the watch, as a joke.

yeeeah… wish I would have read this first

Ah yes the ol’ 15 by 4 method…even that is a bit of time consumping when you’re hitting it hard on the track. TRY 6 X 10 instead. Faster and a lot easier. Just add the zero to what ever your number is at 6 seconds…wah-lah…

oops…meant consuming not consumping…my bad.

You’re kidding right?

If you are really interested in your heartrate for either training or health reasons (as I am) you want accurate data which means you should get a monitor that reads from a chest strap transmitter. If you want to get readings on exercise equipment at your fitness center then you specifically want to get a HRM made by Polar. Polar is the brand if you care about quality and accuracy. It is the standard for manufacturers of exercise equipment. Look for the “Polar Ready” sticker on that treadmill, elliptical trainer, etc. at your gym.

Hey Author – I see what you did there.

In for 3. Awesome w00t!

Really? Why? Does “hoofing” it make the bulls “horny”?

Do not buy this junk. Get a Garmin Forerunner instead. They have lots of options, some under a hundred bucks. You’ll be a lot more satisfied.

I have the 305 and absolutely love it.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=garmin+forerunner

I once got a Pedometer like that inside a rice krispies box.

OUCH? LOL

My girlfriend got me one of the Pro-Form HRMs that popped up on here a while ago; the watch strap broke the second time I used it. I don’t know if that speaks to this model, but I’d be wary.

Same.

Do not buy a Fitbit…Junk.

I’ve had one of the “strapless” and one of the chest-strap HRM’s for the last 5 years. I’m a runner and a biker, but when I can get a reading from the strapless one—about 1/3 of the time—it’s wildly variable and darned unhandy. My chest-strap HRM has a constant readout and is accurate. My “strapless” HRM is basically now a two or three use toy watch, my other one goes with me about half the time, especially in the spring when I’m “attempting” to get back in shape.

BTW If you want to use the “strapless” HRM on a bike, just mount it to the handlebar by strapping it around a little piece of foam pipe insulation and snugging up the watchband–much safer than trying to hold one hand on the opposite wrist while steering and looking at the watch face.

Oh, how I wish I would have read this before I ordered. Damn.

Just e-mail the Woot Service Reps and request they cancel your order. They are good about doing that before orders ship. No big deal.