PRO Success - Professional Dental Whitening

Yep and they have people here pushing the product.

We always invite our vendors and manufacturer reps to participate in our forums. It’s a value that we can add to our sales that most other retailers can’t. They are a great source of information and can answer questions.

30% Carbamide is pretty mild. It’s about equivalent to 10% Hydrogen peroxide when it breaks down and starts working. (this information brought to you by a soon to be dentist who just covered her whitening module)

As has been mentioned several times: check with your dentist before using any kind of “whitening” product.

Whitening quotes because, well, you’ve heard the term peroxide blonde? Same thing. Whitening and bleaching kits use carbamide peroxide which when mixed with water becomes hydrogen peroxide. A 15% solution of carbamide peroxide becomes a ~5% solution hydrogen peroxide in your mouth. PRO’s 30% solution carbamide becomes a ~10% solution hydrogen peroxide. This is REALLY strong and can burn your gums and mucous membranes. I’m not exaggerating.

If you drink tea, coffee, soda or wine then don’t bother with a whitening kit. The tannins in these drinks will re-stain your teeth in short order. If you smoke then don’t bother. Different chemicals, same result.

If you want to save yourself a pile of money then you can, after consulting your dentist, make your own teeth whitening paste:

Mix 1 part baking soda with 2 parts 3% hydrogen peroxide. The bottles say for external use only but 3% is safe for oral use and shouldn’t cause excessive sensitivity. Just don’t swallow it. Adjust quantities until you achieve a consistency similar to commercial tooth paste. Mix in a drop or two of mint extract to make it taste not so nasty. Use an ordinary tooth brush to spread the paste across your teeth surfaces. Let sit for 2 minutes then rinse with water. Then brush normally with regular tooth paste to clean out the peroxide paste. Do this once a week.

It won’t be as effective as the “professional” home kit. On the other hand, it won’t cost nearly as much, you can (probably) do it every week for the rest of your life, and it’ll look far more natural. Your teeth will look like your teeth rather than something you bought from woot!. :slight_smile:

This product ships with an 18 month expiration date. If you refrigerate the whitening gel, it will prolong the shelf life and keep it fresher.

Hmmm…as pretty as my teeth are I am really considering this. I need more info on the ingredients and effects. I have super soft, super sensitive teeth!

[quote postid=“5507823” as one Syringe filled with 30% Carbamide Peroxide whitening gel,

That’s the same Peroxide that’s in the OTC ear wax softener products I tell my patients to use, however, I’m sure it’s nowhere near 30% - but I bet this would dissolve earwax like a flame through butter-- leaving a beautiful gleaming white ear canal as well !!

Great Reviews @ http://www.buzzillions.com/x/s?N=4294811422&D=x&cat=&extra=all-product&Ntt=platinumwhites

Consumers LOVE Platinum Whites!!

Can’t say anything about this particular product…but I just finished a 3 week set of a 32% carabmide peroxide take-home treatment from my dentist. I paid a damn lot more than this deal, but I also had custom mouth trays made for me…

I had about a 2-3 shade lighter look. I was also a smoker for 16 years before 2011, so I wasn’t starting with perfection.

I’d say if you can get good fitting trays, and this 30% solution, it might be something to try…but DO NOT expect overnight results, nor can you expect 15 years of neglect to go away with only one treatment, or supply of gel. It may take 2-3 full treatments before you get to what you want to see.

My plan was this: Rinse with water, floss, brush, rinse again. Put gel in trays, and keep in mouth without spitting for 10 minutes. Then another 5-10 minutes after a quick spit, which is required as it tends to incrwae salivation. Then rinse and a quick brush again.

The gel works by “exploding” the stains away as the gel reacts to the oxygen in the air around it. You want to floss and brush first to maximize the cleanest start, and then brush again after to remove any microscopic sediment still clinging away.

cheers.

thanks but I tend to like finding my own reviews. better chance of being non-biased.
plus if this product is sold exclusively on woot! your link is to a different product and should be removed.

and if consumers really “loved” your products you probably wouldn’t be here selling products at almost 90% off.

Uhm, we sell a lot of great products at great discounts. Our buyers work to get you the best deal they can.

Please be respectful of our vendors and manufacturer reps. Again, this is something that makes our sites unique.

I have to agree. This deal looks really fishy.

We love WOOT! Just to be clear we have many of the leading cosmetic dentists that endorse our products. We have been in the Dental community selling our products for over 6 years. Please try Platinum Whites and you will love the results.

And since we have a super helpful rep here, maybe he or she would like to respond to the article linked?

http://www.teethwhiteningreviews.com/otc-whitening/pens/platinum-whites

This is a link that contains additional independent consumer reviews.

Smile all the time!!

Please provide the link you are referencing so I can respond appropriately.

Heh heh. Being a Woot! vendor is not for the faint of heart.

***Be forewarned ye who would sell thy cheesy wares to the Woot! community. Prepare to defend thyself! ***

But seriously, thanks for being here. I’m really considering this one!

Our product has been designed to minimize sensitivity. The gel found in this system is water-based to prevent tooth dehydration that can lead to sensitivity. Furthermore, our Brush-On Applicator allows you to place the whitening gel directly on the tooth surfaces and limit contact with soft tissue.

It’s worth remembering that just because they want to price their product at $170, that doesn’t make it worth $170. Anyone can ask for any price they want for a product, but it is only worth what people are willing to pay.

If $170 was a reasonable market price for the product, it would likely be selling better and they wouldn’t need to dump it. If people are only buying it at $15, that makes it worth $15.

Note: I’m not saying that this product is bad or not worth purchasing. Just be aware that it is a very common practice in most sales industries to set an artificially high “Suggested Retail Price” so that consumers will feel like they’re getting a good deal when they see it available at a significant discount.

I would not use these (yeah, put onto my teeth a powerful oxidizer) but if you want to make your own teeth whitening strips here your go: get 20 parts starch, add to hydrogen peroxide to 5 parts H2O2, 7 parts propylene glycol or glycerol (NOT ethylene glycol), rest water to 100p.

Mix mix mix … then pour and level solution out on tray. Let tray air dry or place into 180F oven.

use potato starch … alt to starch = sodium alginate, pullulan,other water soluble resin

now you have teeth whitening strips you made yourself.