Product Spotlight: Bibs and One-Pieces

Hmm, is onesie a trademarked name?

Thanks much! =) Less than two weeks form the due date and boy-howdy is my wife ready to be done/have the kid.

I was juuuuuust threatening my brother with Kids Woot tees when my (soon to be born) nephew got a bit older! Now I don’t have to wait to be the crazy fun aunt!!!
Thanks woot!

Seconded. Congrats!!! Our first baby (should be a girl) is due in 13 days, and I just had to buy her some Woot stuff too. She might as well dress like her dad :wink:

Woot: please do sales like this again in the future!

I missed this…when will it happen again?

Love, love, love, my Okey Dokey Artichokey onesie :slight_smile: Please consider doing onesies as a product spotlight again soon! Perhaps maternity size t-shirts as well?

I am so sad and disappointed. The onsies never got to me. =( It looks like they went to my old living address, then were never forwarded. Then rather than getting the woot-wear, I’m getting refunds. =(

I was really hoping to put my little girl in these, but it looks like it won’t happen. I tried contacting support, and they asked for my order number. It looks like by the time this is resolved, I will have no onesies, some refunds, and sadness.

sigh

This is just about as disappointing as it gets for me. I ordered bibs and onsies, and they never came. We moved at the end of August, but I guess rather than forwarding the packages, like I have on file at the post office, my stuff was auto-shipped back to Texas.

I tried to contact woot support about it, but just was told “Sorry, those items are no longer in stock. Here is a refund.” I know that they aren’t in stock or being sold anymore–However, I also know that the onsies and bibs were shipped back to the facility. So my packages DO exist!

It’s aggravating knowing that I could have had the items had they been forwarded like they should have been. Even more so because it’s not like they magically went “poof” but were in fact re-shipped back to Texas.

This is the first time that I found the customer service so unhelpful. I don’t want to be a jerk here, but maybe someone else can explain to me why I was given a stock response to my first question and then no response when I asked about paying and reshipping the stuff to me at my new address?

I just wanted a cute onsie and fun bib for my newborn, now I have nothing but frustration.

Will there be another sale like this soon?
There are so many babys born at the moment - I need presents!

And please, please let there be a one-piece of http://shirt.woot.com/offers/be-what-you-want.

Thanks!!!