ProForm 610 RT 2.5HP Treadmill

does the model come with it :slight_smile:

I would love one of these. My treadmill is dying. Unfortunately, tax returns have not come back yet.

By the way, Woot! - is that picture from the box or did you hire the hottie??

Iā€™m curious as to how this $600 treadmill compares to the $800 ā€œSmooth Fitness 5.65 Folding Treadmillā€ treadmill from December 14.

The only thing I can say for sure is the shipping was about equal.

Awesome ! Now I can watch my favorite show and walk the dog at the same time !

http://www.funnychill.com/files/funny-pictures/walking-the-dog.jpg

Just put it out on the back porchā€¦

Nope, this is the same model as in this review. Not very flattering.

http://www.treadmilldoctor.com/Proform-610-TR-Treadmill-Review-09

It seems someone else posted this, staff commented on it, then this was deleted?

[Thunderthighs: This is different. We are selling an RT. The TR is a discontinued cheaper model.]

Anyone know if itā€™d be a problem to not install the uprights and have the console assembly loose so I can use it at my standing desk at work?

Oh yeah? Letā€™s see them do it at 12 mph.

(Seriously, that was excellent.)

I have trouble trusting treadmilldoctor reviews, since they are all basically 3 or 4 lines of comments, most of which are just of the ā€œinsert generic comment hereā€ type. You would think if he had real reviews and data to support his numbers, you would see more proof that some effort went into his reviews.

As for this model, the features are good for the price, for the casual to moderate exerciser, especially considering no tax or outrageous delivery fee for most. 12 mph is more than fast enough unless you are a competition sprinter, and better than most in this price range, which are 10. I would bet most people stay between 4-6mph. But IT HAS NO FAN. So either bring your own, or donā€™t sweat.

I have a different proform model, and itā€™s been fine so far. The only issue is I would have liked more cushioning on it, so make sure that is not an issue for you before buying one you canā€™t try out first. In my experience, the treadmills with higher weight ratings (like this one on woot at 350lbs) have sturdier wooden boards, which is good for fat people, but worse for your knees. Cheaper treadmills might have thinner boards and break easier, but they have more flex when you run.

It would be a very fast sprint, fast enough to throw me off the treadmill.

No, itā€™s not the same unit. Proform should consider working on naming their upgrades to avoid confusion. The unit in that review only had a 1.75 CHP motor. The one for sale today has a 2.5 CHP. For an additional $600 retail, they probably added a host of other features on the console too.

thanks for thatā€¦I havenā€™t seen all their videos!

((TouchƩ!))

Only your health insurance company can answer that question.

This is the 610, not the 6.0.

Am I interpreting this correctly that the only way to get a heart rate is to use the grips? (it canā€™t ā€œreadā€ a wireless monitor)

New here, eh?

I donā€™t enjoy using stationary machines for exercise; but I have to admit, these are great for taking long phone calls if youā€™re a nervous pacer like myself.

12MPH is exactly a 5 minute mile. Not quite a sprint, but faster than most (99.9%) Americans can sustain above 800 yards. If I tried running at 12MPH, I would collapse way before the end of my first mile.

$849.00 retail not a bad deal, Mixed reviews online but you cant beat the $5.00 shipping.