ProForm Combo Trainer Heart Rate Monitor

http://static.wooters.us/images/wooters-logo-tiny.png Woot Info Post
Today, we are all wooters.us!

ProForm Combo Trainer Heart Rate Monitor [New] - $29.99 + $5 shipping

1 * ProForm Combo Trainer Heart Rate Monitor with Chest Strap

This post is brought to you by Wooters.us, to help make sure pricing information on the product is available in the future. We are not run by nor affiliated with Woot.

Wootalyzer’s Pricing Post! - The price of today’s woot item is saved here for future reference

ProForm Combo Trainer Heart Rate Monitor
$29.99 + $5 Shipping
Condition: New

Product List:

• 1 ProForm Combo Trainer Heart Rate Monitor with Chest Strap

DISCLAIMER Wootalyzer! is in no way affiliated with Woot!, and this post may not always be here!

Is this HRM any good?

chest strap can be uncomfortable during workouts, especially if you sweat easily. Nothing beats the old “take your pulse for 15 seconds and multiply times four” to get your heart rate…

Woot took the picture of that watch 26 minutes before the next woot! Must have been one crazy Friday night.

Got one of these last year. Works amazingly, and the watch looks good enough to be worn at all times. Its not water proof, just resistant…which means don’t wear it if you swim.

I started to do sprint “tris” and this was the best investment I made for my workouts!

The description says that it reads heart rate with or without a chest belt. Are there any advantages to using the chest belt? Are the readings more accurate?

Manufacturer page: www.proform.com Wasn’t able to find this specific unit, though; only the chest straps that sync directly with the their treadmills.

Yep. More accurate with the belt.

How’d ya find that out?

yes you have to touch the pads of your finger and thumb to get a heart rate w/o the strap. The strap is continuous; where as the manual thumb finger is a moment in time

My name is Louis and I work for Sports Beat. We are the supplier of this product…just to clarify this unit works with or without the chest strap. Touch the face of the watch and your ecg accurate heart rate appears in about 2 seconds. For the more serious athlete or if you are looking for a continuous reading put the chest belt on. Also use the strap at the gym for it is compatible with many exercise machines that have heart rate built in to it.

This appears to be the cheapest HR Monitor around. I own a Omron that I bought off of Amazon a few moonths ago for $40 - works fine.

FYI, just lick the chest strap if you really care about monitoring your HR if its under 100 or so - or else it works fine once you get above that or start to sweat.

How accurate do you think the calorie counter is?

I’ll bet it’s just slightly better then a random number generator. There is no possible way to get an accurate calorie count from just your heart rate.

The description says “water resistant to 50 meters”. Swimming with it on certainly won’t hurt it.

Unlike some other items where there is a difference between “water resistant” and “water proof”, with watches there is no difference between the two terms. I’ve probably owned a dozen watches that were “water resistant” in my life, and I’ve worn them in the shower, swimming, cleaning my fish tank, etc. Never had a problem with water damaging them. Most watches list the depth to which they are water resistant. For this watch, it is 50 meters.

I’m not sure about the chest strap, though.

perfect! i need one of these badly

Does anyone know the model number? I saw what looks like this watch on amazon
http://www.amazon.com/Sports-Beat-Pro-Form-Precision-Trainer/dp/B002ZMFGUU/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1269062016&sr=8-2

It has really bad reviews if this is the same product