Proscan 8" Dual-Core 8GB Google Certified Tablet

Proscan 8" Dual-Core 8GB Google Certified Tablet
Price: $69.99
Shipping Options: $5 Standard* or $9 Two-Day or *$12 One-Day
Condition: New

Comparison Links:
[Google Products](Proscan - Google Shopping 8" Dual-Core 8GB Google Certified Tablet) - [Amazon](http://www.amazon.com/s/?field-keywords=Proscan 8" Dual-Core 8GB Google Certified Tablet) - [Previous Woot Sales](Google 8" Dual-Core 8GB Google Certified Tablet)

Item Preview:
http://d3gqasl9vmjfd8.cloudfront.net/ac3e4b21-b5c0-4243-8a8d-822ad27c7b3a.jpg

**Item: **Proscan 8" Dual-Core 8GB Google Certified Tablet
Price: $69.99
Shipping Options: $5 Standard OR $9 Two-Day OR $12 One-Day
Condition: New
Read the Blog - Buy It

[Search Amazon](http://www.amazon.com/s/?field-keywords=Proscan 8" Dual-Core 8GB Google Certified Tablet)

[Search Google](Proscan - Google Shopping 8" Dual-Core 8GB Google Certified Tablet)

Previous Similar Sales (May not be exact model)
11/16/2013 - $89.99 - 44 comment(s)

11/21/2013 - $89.99 (Woot Plus)

WTF??!! I just bought their referb unit for $95???!!!

I bought a Proscan tablet a few months ago. It works OK, however the usb connector is recessed too far for anything to stay plugged in.

Google Certified to do what exactly?

To work just enough to justify Google certification.

Does the USB port support OTG?

Oh I see, it’s certified to buy apps from the Google store.

Hooray?

Well, I guess you need to get them from somewhere.

I’m actually considering this since I mostly only want a tablet to play videos on. Seems like this would suffice.

I looked around and could not get the info on the graphics chip. It may not do too well on videos. Too bad we do not have a whole lot of time to find out.

On the contrary, it appears we have plenty of time to find out.

It does say it can use a keyboard, which implies OTG, or some version of it, but it’s a Mini port so you can’t just plug in the average flash drive, regardless.

I stand corrected!.. not moving a whole lot, is it?

I just picked one of these up when they were on Woot last time, almost 2 weeks ago. I got this as my first tablet with the intention of reading comics on it and occasionally browsing the internet. I have to say it does a great job with the comics. I loaded them up on a micro SD card and downloaded Comic Rack Free, and it’s really great.

It seems to do well with some games and not others. A lot of the simple games like Angry Birds and some of the other free games work really great. Games that have a lot of things going on at once, like Tiny Tower (or Tiny Death Star, the game I tried) start to slow down when there’s too much on the screen. Once I built 10 levels in Tiny Death Star, it got sluggish.

Internet browsing is okay as long as you don’t have more than 3 tabs open. It got a little slow viewing Amazon products in 3 different tabs.

Watching movies is great. I tried out MKV and MP4 files off the SD card, and loaded up Netflix videos with no problem or slowness.

Battery life is great with reading or viewing comics, a little less with watching movies, and poor with ‘busy’ games. I can read comics for about 5-6 hours without a charge.

As far as I could tell, Google Certified seems to mean it works with Google Play store for apps and whatnot. It does work great with Google Play and Amazon Apps.

I think this is a great little tablet. If you want something the kids can play Angry Birds on all day, well the battery might not be up to it for more than a few hours, but it’ll get the job done. If you wanna sit them in front of a movie, it’s great. If you want to read on it, it’s perfect. I think it’s a great value for the money.

Agree! I found an ad for a keyboard designed to work with this exact tablet. The keyboard comes with the OTG dongle. So, it does support it - as long as you have the dongle, though one might need to provide external power to the attached USB device (there are dongles for that purpose as well)

I hoped it was that Google certified that it was, indeed, a tablet.

seems like this is the item they put up so they could go have a long lunch over there in woot-land…hope it is just about over, and they’ll have mercy upon us…:slight_smile:

Oh… that’s right, I forgot about them when I moved but I’ve got a couple DVDs of old Star Trek comics I’ve never read.

LMAO! I think you are correct.

Has anyone who has one tryed outputting video to a TV? I use my Letcool for that now, when I want to play them at my mom’s house, but the Letcool has playback problems a lot and I’m tired of always re-converting videos to compensate.