Protron 37” 720p LCD HDTV

25 years ago I spent more than this on a 21" CRT TV. Nuts!

Can someone explain how this thing is in any way worth the price they want?

Has a number of negative reviews at amazon.
They all seem to revolve around trying to get warranty work done with the company.

Batman4oz wrote:Zo…you Vill plug zis into your compooter and you Vill enJoy zee music! Zat…is…an…Order!!

You can’t fool me! That was just an excuse to write “OZ” backwards!

http://0.media.bustedtees.cvcdn.com/8/a/bustedtees.818b87c80038dcfedff5915a719b66b3.gif

OZmbies!!!

Protron TVs seem to have some pretty bad reviews online… Alot of the negativity seems to be steming from there customer service.

I mean… there great TVs… you should buy 3…

Jesus Christ what IS that picture and why oh why was it chosen?!?!

This TV has great taste in TV lol

ugh…more crap…i’d buy 3 if i threw my tv out my window after every detroit lions loss…otherwise, not worth it

1 it is bigger than a breadbox.
2 it will show you the pron with your vcr.
3 your favorite movies on vhs really come to life in 720p-.
Any other q’s

For what it’s worth, I have basically this same TV that I bought back when it was about 8x the price and it works fabulous. The picture quality compared to the better brands was obviously not as good - but since we don’t watch a lot of movies and my DH barely remembers to wear his glasses it was good enough for us. Good for kids rooms or extra TV I guess if you really care about picture quality for your regular TV. No problems with the mechanics of it.

We have this TV. We bought it at HHGregg about 4 years ago for $500. Nice picture…no problems with the way it operates. One CON…finding a universal remote to run this TV is nearly impossible. We had to resort to a learning remote and program one button at a time.

Protron had a good name in computer monitors.

Never thought I would see the day that I would pass on a LCD HD TV for $250, a 37" no less. WOW.

In the day this would have been $3000.

Alas, I only buy Hannspree TVs at CostCo online.

They are 1080p, a 27" is $200, 32" $300.

And CostCo warrants them for two years, included in the price.

A warranty is important to me when it comes to these TVs. I had a Dell that cost me $1200 back in the day (2007). About 2009 it simply stopped working. It was a chip defect and Dell would not back it up so I said to heck with Dell, but more importantly, I’d never buy a TV with a 90 day warranty (even though Square Trade 3 year warranty is less than $40).

A 37" LCD for $250? That’s like asking if a $500 car that runs is in any way worth the price they want. It’s as cheap as you’re likely to find, and the question is whether it’s worth having at all. Based on the specs for this, I’m thinking not. I’ll save my nickels and dimes a little longer.

One HDMI port? Still, a 37-incher for $250 is as low as I’ve seen, 720p notwithstanding.

YEAH? Well I wish they would REPEAT the HP TouchSmart Core i3 23” All-In-One PC…that was a sweet deal and by the time I joined, it was gone! REPEAT! REPEAT! REPEAT! PLEASE! I’m so tired of all the ugly cords everywhere! Would love this in my kitchen. My husband would install an outlet right behind it and mount it on the wall, buffet table right below for the cordless keyboard and cordless mouse. SWEET! PLEASE REPEAT THIS DEAL!